Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2020, 04:34 PM   #1

Leak in Shower

My wife used the shower for the first time in our new 30Z and she said there is water all over the floor. Went in to check it out and discovered this. Took it apart, turned the lower rail around so it drained into the shower instead of the floor and re-siliconed everything. If this had been my first motorhome I probably would have been really upset, but over the years I’ve learned there are problems with every new unit. Just have to “go with the flow”.
Attached Thumbnails
FF42109E-0176-448F-A8CE-7BF0F465007A.jpg  
ArmyW4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyW4 View Post
My wife used the shower for the first time in our new 30Z and she said there is water all over the floor. Went in to check it out and discovered this. Took it apart, turned the lower rail around so it drained into the shower instead of the floor and re-siliconed everything. If this had been my first motorhome I probably would have been really upset, but over the years I’ve learned there are problems with every new unit. Just have to “go with the flow”.
Since it’s not your first RV as you stated “go with the flow” 😎
Pops&Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:21 AM   #3

Quote:
s I’ve learned there are problems with every new unit. Just have to “go with the flow”.

A'yup.

A hundred thousand dollars just doesn't buy anything any more, does it?
Old 05-25-2020, 09:14 AM   #4

reversed shower tracks get reported all the time. It's called no quality control and nobody cares. It never will change until people stop buying the junk that is being sold. If the Japanese or Koreans ever come here to build you would see major changes in the industry. It cost too much for them to ship over here.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Have new 27U And shower leaked - ours was no caulking at the corner and as water ran down the side - just ran out on the floor. Have had to fix many small things like this over past 6 months. Sadly - in the shop now as rear a/c not working and waiting (3 weeks thus far) for Jayco to approve replacement or repair. That is why I try and repair most things myself - a/c beyond my ability.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:14 AM   #6

Our 2020 336FBOK had a leak at the elbow at the shower drain, no glue on the joint! Go figure.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:43 AM   #7

Check shower floor ours was flexing a bit and the pipe was leaking around the drain braced shower floor took care of the problem.
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:07 AM   #8

What did you do? I used a piece of folded pipe insulation and propped up the elbow. So far I only had to redo once. I wasn’t sure whether I should glue it or leave it since there is play when you move around in the shower.
Rall1986 is offline   Reply With Quote