Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-24-2022, 04:38 PM   #1

Leaky Question

Prepped for a trip, put water in the fresh tank. Thought we’d be ok. Left faucets on and started to come out the open faucets. Went below 32 for a night or two but thought we’d be ok.

On a trip and now notice a leak…go figure. I have a Odyssey 31L, bunk model, with bed in the back. Now for the strange part… I see water seeping at the bottom of the bed. I pulled the valve box and see no leaks, there’s nothing coming from the bath to the bed, no water near the head of the bed. I checked under the sink, the toilet…nothing. Checked the storage box under the bed, as you’d think that there would water running down the side, inside or outside, still nothing. Took the cover off the bottom of the bed where all the electrical sites…nothing.

Can’t think of other areas to check. Any thoughts? Again, doesn’t seem to be running down the side of the bed to the bottom.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:41 PM   #2

Silly question but did something spill?
Old 11-24-2022, 05:26 PM   #3

Good question, but no. After I posted I took off the box on the side of the under bed storage to get to the water pump, but no leaks. Going to see if I can remove a side panel in the storage area tomorrow, under the valves, to see if I can access where the water comes into the RV. I tried checking it from the outside but I’m afraid of pulling it out too far and potentially causing a real problem. It does seem to be coming down the side of the bed to leak at the rounded corner, as it’s moist along the seam but not coming out the side. Has to be where it comes in?..
Old 11-24-2022, 07:34 PM   #4

Checked your roof lately? Window seals?
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old and soft View Post
Checked your roof lately? Window seals?
Nothing from roof or windows. Seems to be worse after showers, so it must be the pressure kicking in. Ruling out the shower itself as it’s nowhere near the bed. There’s a panel under the valves that I’m going to see if I can remove tomorrow as it went dark and it’s not a bad leak ( although any leak is bad). Pulled the valve panel out but it doesn’t come out that far so I can’t see in there. What little I could see there was no leaks at the connections.
Old 11-25-2022, 07:53 AM   #6
Site Team

Is your water heater located under that lower bunk by any chance?
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 08:50 AM   #7

No, the water heater is under the kitchen sink. Will try to post the floor plan here.
Attached Thumbnails
1488B1BF-6503-4DC0-9F27-4ED6D2355397.jpeg  
Old 12-01-2022, 09:28 AM   #8

I was having water seep out from the area between the bed and the closets in rear of my 27U Greyhawk, the area was adjacent to the water utility box where I take on city water and flush my black tank. I inspected the area behind the utility box and found it to be dry. I started looking around the "cabinet" where the utilities area. It turns out the box/cabinet that contains the utility center was not sealed to the coach. So every time I sprayed water inside the box due to a leaking connection, it allowed water from the spray and water at the bottom of the box to seep into floor space. Once I sealed that area with silicon, my problem went away.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by salukee View Post
I was having water seep out from the area between the bed and the closets in rear of my 27U Greyhawk, the area was adjacent to the water utility box where I take on city water and flush my black tank. I inspected the area behind the utility box and found it to be dry. I started looking around the "cabinet" where the utilities area. It turns out the box/cabinet that contains the utility center was not sealed to the coach. So every time I sprayed water inside the box due to a leaking connection, it allowed water from the spray and water at the bottom of the box to seep into floor space. Once I sealed that area with silicon, my problem went away.
Thanks. Sounds very similar to what I’m experiencing. I’m thinking it may be the water inlet. Only problem is that I can’t seem to get to it, or should say see it visually to confirm. I lifted the bed and removed a panel to access the water pump…dry. I pulled the valve panel that switches city water to on board, etc. but can’t see down in there. I’m surmising that it has to be coming from the inlet. Funny enough, just received the new issue of Family RVing and it mentions that this check valve is prone to leaking.

Called Jayco and was able to get a copy of the plumbing diagram. I disconnected the inlet from the side wall to see how I could change it out, but it looks like it’s connected to a PEX run so I didn’t want to pull it out too far to cause a real problem. I guess I’ll have to see how best to replace as I don’t see an area like you mention to seal. That inlet is right next to the storage door on my unit; thought to I could pull out a panel to access but no dice. I would have to pull out the entire metal box portion behind the door to even see if I can get to it (located in the OHC area at the head of the bed).

Leak was minimal but a leak is a leak and I want to fix. All water is out as it’s back in storage for a few months. Has my one else had issue with that inlet check valve leaking, and if so we’re you able to pull it out enough to change?