Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2019, 04:45 AM   #1

LED Fixtures

I have a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV and have one led fixture over the forward bunk which has gone out. After looking at it, it seems the lite diodes are just falling off. Do you need to replace the entire fixture or is there a replacement patch style led bulb.
Any help would be appreciated. Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:36 AM   #2
Site Team

I don't have any but the newer ones I have seen require fixture replacement.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:04 AM   #3

That’s what I was thinking. Thank you,
Jimmyd
Old 04-14-2019, 11:52 AM   #4

I have successfully replaced incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs in my 2014 32FS, and I did not have to replace any fixtures.
Scoutmaster253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #5

LED light fixtures are manufactured with the LED strips as part of the fixture assembly. There is no replacement option like an incandescent fixture.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:59 PM   #6

I have a 2016 31FK. The fixtures are hardwired in. I got replacements from Jayco and the supplier. Cut 'em out with wire cutters. Strip the leads back and wire-nut in the replacements. Took about 3 or 5 minutes per light.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
I have a 2016 31FK. The fixtures are hardwired in. I got replacements from Jayco and the supplier. Cut 'em out with wire cutters. Strip the leads back and wire-nut in the replacements. Took about 3 or 5 minutes per light.
Thats what I was thinking. On our way out west. Will need to tackle it when we get back to Florida.
Thank you for the info. Jimmyd
Old 04-15-2019, 05:39 AM   #8

LED lights

Our Jayco Grayhawk 2016 mv LED lights started to fail one at a time . The dealer order me the first one and I replaced it myself . When I replaced it I realized that all but one had different amounts of LED out . The manufacture is aware of a defective run of lights at that time . I contacted the manufacture and they promptly supplied new lights with a new style circuit board . The manufacture is Welcome - ITC RV
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:46 AM   #9
Site Team

Good info on the replacements. There is nothing more irritating than a LED with on or two lights in it that flash or blink.

They recently started putting those fixtures in new units. The older units had older incandescent or halogen bulbs. They were replaceable with LED's that had methods of connecting to the same pins as the incandescent's. They are a good mod item and there are many different types and colors. Cheaper ones tend to fail and start blinking also.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidmac View Post
Our Jayco Grayhawk 2016 mv LED lights started to fail one at a time . The dealer order me the first one and I replaced it myself . When I replaced it I realized that all but one had different amounts of LED out . The manufacture is aware of a defective run of lights at that time . I contacted the manufacture and they promptly supplied new lights with a new style circuit board . The manufacture is Welcome - ITC RV
Davidmac, thank you very much for that info. We had the same issue with a 2015 Tiffin Bus. Apparently this issue was industry wide. At one point we had three different types of LED’s in our coach until they found the issues.
I’ll give ITC a call and see what they can do.
Thanks again, Jimmyd