Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2020, 08:26 PM   #21

Seneca LED Replacement Headlights

Robbbyr, in reference to your replacement LED headlights, what do you mean "that you got yours as new take offs" and where did you get them?
TIA. This is great information.
Roundtowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundtowner View Post
Robbbyr, in reference to your replacement LED headlights, what do you mean "that you got yours as new take offs" and where did you get them?
TIA. This is great information.
Truckliner Parts in Decatur, IN https://trucklinerparts.com/collections/freightliner

They were spotless, obviously never used. They were not packed in the original Freightliner boxes but they were very well packaged and arrived in perfect condition. I see they have some on their website now marked "blemished" but mine weren't!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I second what Rustynuts said, the led retrofit bulbs (I had OPT7) did light up the road much better than the stock halogen bulbs in the Freightliner housings. I had them for several years and did quite a bit of night driving. If the Roadmax units had not come out I would still have them. Unless you have driven a Freightliner Seneca at night with just halogen bulbs you can't imagine how poorly they illuminate the road, even aimed properly.
Considering the M2 was always designed to be a "day cab". I presume they never fathomed that anyone would want to be driving after sunset in one. I fully believe that they took the day cab chassis and put our Seneca on it... with the intention that we should not be driving at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokergeist View Post
Many thanks for the links, but wow, that's an investment. I'm still catching my breath.

I agree with the group - my 2015 headlights are awful and in my opinion, dangerous. I searched a couple of years ago for a headlight system (bulb & reflector) and had no luck. This looks very promising. Cheers!
Agree... lookin for a price that the "Director of Seneca Expenses" will agree to....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Truckliner Parts in Decatur, IN https://trucklinerparts.com/collections/freightliner

They were spotless, obviously never used. They were not packed in the original Freightliner boxes but they were very well packaged and arrived in perfect condition. I see they have some on their website now marked "blemished" but mine weren't!
After hitting every bird, bug, groundhog, rabbit, squirrel, prairie dog, who has jumped in our path... It would be awesome to see them before we hit them. Our grille has more pit's from rocks and critters than those lights could possibly have... SOLD!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:31 PM   #24

Thanks everyone for there inputs! I think we will take the plunge and go with the Roadmax.
Fishman417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman417 View Post
Thanks everyone for there inputs! I think we will take the plunge and go with the Roadmax.
Check out this other thread where I recommend spraying the headlight mounting studs for several days with a penetrating oul to prevent problems. https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...t-44852-4.html

Other than a thinner wallet you won't regret upgrading!
Old 09-18-2020, 08:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
I purchased roadmax led headlights. They are expensive but in my option worth it. The housing is specially designed for led and their is only an up down alignment as they provide super flat and wide light coverage. Driving at night used to be a pain as I could not see the ground in front of or to side of the front end. Now the ground and space in front is well lit.

There are other options and I am sure others will pop up and offer their suggestions.

Photos of before and after install. White lighted one is led. Attachment 63167Attachment 63168
I got my OEM Freightliner LED headlamp assembly’s installed tonight , easy install plug & play 2016 Seneca HJ. Yes pricey investment but OMG what a difference they made!
srxhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by srxhare View Post
I got my OEM Freightliner LED headlamp assembly’s installed tonight , easy install plug & play 2016 Seneca HJ. Yes pricey investment but OMG what a difference they made!
Old 09-18-2020, 11:30 PM   #28

Great news, enjoy seeing at night. Imo; worth every penny!!
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 10:04 PM   #29

Just purchased some genuine Freightliner Led head lights from someone on the forum for a great price but did not receive any instructions as to how to an adjust them. Can someone please let me know where the adjustment screws are on the Freightliner LED housings? The stock lights were a piece of cake to figure out but I cannot for the life of me figure out the LED’s and for sure don’t want to mess them up. 22 37M

TIA
Utrzrdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 10:33 PM   #30

There is only a vertical adjustment, it takes a 5mm pr 5.5mm socket, I can’t remember. Arrow is pointing to it in this pic.
Attached Thumbnails
X3GNVT2-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:19 AM   #31

Thank you I figured it would have something to do with this but was not sure.

Thank you again and have a great week!
Utrzrdog is offline   Reply With Quote