Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2020, 04:10 PM   #1

LED Seneca Head Lights Replacements

We were going to order OPT 7 lights for our 2016 Seneca but they are on back order because of COVID-19.

Can anyone recommend another plug and play brand and model number of LED lights they would recommend for high and low beam replacements?
Fishman417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:19 AM   #2

I purchased roadmax led headlights. They are expensive but in my option worth it. The housing is specially designed for led and their is only an up down alignment as they provide super flat and wide light coverage. Driving at night used to be a pain as I could not see the ground in front of or to side of the front end. Now the ground and space in front is well lit.

There are other options and I am sure others will pop up and offer their suggestions.

Photos of before and after install. White lighted one is led. Attachment 63167Attachment 63168
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:59 PM   #3

Opt 7

I went onto the OPT 7 website and it will not even let you try to order any headlight bulbs. I have been putting off ordering, has anyone had an order filled lately?
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:52 PM   #4

Like RVermont I also upgraded to the Truck-Lite Roadmax led headlights. They now are a Freightliner option on the new M2 chassis, Jayco just doesn't offer them. I first tried upgraded halogen bulbs (Silverstars), then I went with the OPT7 units. The OPT7's were certainly much better than the stock bulbs. I ran them several years and they Since our schedule requires driving frequently at night, and based on other's real-world experiences, I then went to the the Roadmax units. Absolutely fantastic.

If you plan to keep your Seneca long, and also plan on doing any significant night driving, they are an investment in safety IMHO. I got mine as new take-off units at a significant savings over new and it was obvious they had never even been used in the rain!
Attached Thumbnails
20200115_160250 cropped.jpg   20200717_145938.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:54 PM   #5

I changed my complete assemblies to the new factory LED headlights from Freightliner Amazing difference and the light actually has a focused beam to cut the light off at a level line. Then added amber LED bulbs to the daytime running lights to they are much brighter as well.
M T Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:34 AM   #6

Contact Danny at Undergroundlighting.com. They have a great selection of plug and play solutions.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:19 AM   #7

Girard Awning

I have a 2019 Melbourne Does anyone know if u can manually retract power awning in the event the switch fails?
Metsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:18 PM   #8

Do you have the link for Roadmax Healamps? Did they come as a complete assembly ?
I have a 2016 Seneca & I hate the OEM Freightliner lamps.
srxhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by srxhare View Post
Do you have the link for Roadmax Healamps? Did they come as a complete assembly ?
I have a 2016 Seneca & I hate the OEM Freightliner lamps.
They are a direct "plug and play" replacement for the original units. Even the original wiring plugs right into the new assemblies. Unbolt the old assemblies, bolt in the new ones, plug in the wiring, wait till dark and adjust!

Here are the left and right Freightliner part numbers:

LH Headlight P/N: A66-05475-002
RH Headlight P/N: A66-05475-003

I was able to get new take-offs at a considerable savings compared to what dealers were charging at that time.

Many thanks to Rustynuts for diving in early and providing feedback that convinced me they were worth upgrading to.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...t-44852-3.html
Old 09-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #10

The cheapest place I have seen them yet is Triple R Truck Parts, this is where I got mine. They do seem to be slowly coming down in price,

Freightliner M2 LED Headlamp LH- Truck-Lite ROADMAX 27661C *OEM* - Triple "R" Truck Parts

Freightliner M2 LED Headlamp RH- Truck-Lite ROADMAX 27660C *OEM* - Triple "R" Truck Parts

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:45 PM   #11

Thanks for the info ! You are right pretty pricey investment ,I definitely need to raid the piggy bank for those but I respect your opion on these replacement assembly.
How long have you had yours in?
srxhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:58 PM   #12

I put mine in in November 2019. Haven’t gotten a chance to use them much with the Pandemic but what use I have gotten, it is money well spent!

Old 09-10-2020, 06:21 AM   #13

I have had mine for a year and they are worth every penny. The old lights were horrible and poorly lit the road. I tend to start driving early in the morning and always felt like I was driving with the lights off. Now I can see everything in front and to the side of the unit. Would do it again no question asked.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman417 View Post
We were going to order OPT 7 lights for our 2016 Seneca but they are on back order because of COVID-19.

Can anyone recommend another plug and play brand and model number of LED lights they would recommend for high and low beam replacements?
LED bulbs to replace your stock bulbs might seem like a good idea, but tests have shown that, while they look brighter and whiter, they don’t illuminate the road as well as OEM bulbs.
Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmot View Post
LED bulbs to replace your stock bulbs might seem like a good idea, but tests have shown that, while they look brighter and whiter, they don’t illuminate the road as well as OEM bulbs.

Its usually due to the original housings were not designed to properly focus and project the LED beam. When I put the OPT7 bulbs in it was much better but when I put the Freightliner OEM LED's in it was MUCH better than the OPT7 because of proper projection. I do get flashed once in a while because they are so bright but I aljusted them per the manual and the last FL service I had them check the and they said they were a little low.

Old 09-16-2020, 01:26 PM   #16

replacement headlights

Hello All, Any suggestions for an older rig- 2009 DuraMax Seneca?
Capt. Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmot View Post
I second what Rustynuts said, the led retrofit bulbs (I had OPT7) did light up the road much better than the stock halogen bulbs in the Freightliner housings. I had them for several years and did quite a bit of night driving. If the Roadmax units had not come out I would still have them. Unless you have driven a Freightliner Seneca at night with just halogen bulbs you can't imagine how poorly they illuminate the road, even aimed properly.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:15 PM   #18

Check the posts under Awning Retracting.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
The cheapest place I have seen them yet is Triple R Truck Parts, this is where I got mine. They do seem to be slowly coming down in price,

Freightliner M2 LED Headlamp LH- Truck-Lite ROADMAX 27661C *OEM* - Triple "R" Truck Parts

Freightliner M2 LED Headlamp RH- Truck-Lite ROADMAX 27660C *OEM* - Triple "R" Truck Parts

Many thanks for the links, but wow, that's an investment. I'm still catching my breath.

I agree with the group - my 2015 headlights are awful and in my opinion, dangerous. I searched a couple of years ago for a headlight system (bulb & reflector) and had no luck. This looks very promising. Cheers!
pokergeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Rich View Post
Hello All, Any suggestions for an older rig- 2009 DuraMax Seneca?
My old TV was a 2005 GMC C4500 Top Kick 4 headlight & most likely the same setup and replaced the low beams with LED headlights from JW Speaker. Pricey but made a world of difference. If you do any amount of night driving they are definitely worth the $$.