Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2018, 06:52 PM   #21

I have seen this done before and it might solve your problem. Have a rack made that goes over the camper shell and cab of your truck. It would be like a large platform with ramps that slide in between the bottom of the rack and shell (this is assuming the shell on the truck is flush with the cab roof?). You could drive at ATV, golf cart, or even a dune buggy (the use for which I have seen this done before) up on to the rack and strap it down. This eliminates any additional tongue weight and the need for a flat bed trailer. The truck would carry the additional load. There are many fabricators out here in California (and elsewhere I'm sure) that could build this as it's use by desert goers out here. The height would most likely still be lower than the height of your coach. I'll see if I can find some pics and post them here if you have any interest?
Various arsenal of 2 wheel death machines
Back the Blue
glamisbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:24 PM   #22

trailer question

for those that pull a trailer with whatever on them, what do you do when you get to CG. Do you have to find a CG with long lots ?
where we have been going around here in SC and GA, we have not found anything that long.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2018, 07:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamibill95 View Post
for those that pull a trailer with whatever on them, what do you do when you get to CG. Do you have to find a CG with long lots ?
where we have been going around here in SC and GA, we have not found anything that long.

Thanks
We spent November 2017 thru April 2018 on the road last year. From Utah to Miami and back. We found lots of places with room for us, on a week in advance calling ahead / staying at least 5 days in each place. We only found a few places that we could not stay hooked up to our trailer in our space, and those had a place for our trailer in the park.
Attached Thumbnails
20171117_123319.jpg   20171203_132706.jpg   20171207_175742.jpg   20180218_160955.jpg   20180309_113150.jpg  

07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:53 AM   #24

Glamisbound, that may be the idea that works. Would certainly be unbalanced looking if it wasn't attached to the Seneca, but would probably be very functional. Something to think about.

Noticed this Forum Subject made the weekly summary in the Jayco Online Forum. I'm so proud.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamibill95 View Post

Thanks
I wondered about that too.

Thanks for the information!