Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2021, 07:29 AM   #1

Lessons Learned: Reimbursement from Jayco

I just received my reimbursement check from Jayco for having the Ford dealer connect the wiring for the passenger seatbelt tensioner that was causing an air bag warning light. Overall the process took six weeks and could have been quicker. Here are some things that I learned:

1. Get Jayco's preapproval before authorizing the repair, in my case the Ford dealer. This got recorded in my file and I think avoided any issue with them processing a $550 repair.

2. After submitting the claim call weekly or more often to check on the status. The claim sat in someone's mailbox without being processed for 9 days.

3. They didn't initially tell me that I needed to submit an IRS W9 form to be processed. This apparently is only required for the first claim.

4. The W9 form sat in someone's mailbox and it wasn't until I called again that a different person had me send the W9 directly to him. He wound up immediately processing their internal paperwork while I stayed on the phone. Receiving the check took about four weeks after this.
MI_Skibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:27 AM   #2

Not related to reimbursements but I am interested in your Air Bag warning light issue. I have a 2019 Greyhawk 30X and have been getting an intermittent Air Bag warning light for about a year. I narrowed it down to the passenger seat and it seems to come on and off especially when hitting bumps in the road. I ran a scan and no error codes come up. Do you have details on what Ford did to fix your issue?
Frodo13056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 12:59 PM   #3

I'm still cranked about needing a W9... Seems dumb...
But thanks for posting, it'll surely help the next person!
Old 07-19-2021, 02:25 PM   #4

W9

I was bothered by the W9 too. It's part of the Tax law where everyone that receives more than $500 in a year need to be reported. They assured me that I would not get a 1099 and have it taxed
Old 07-19-2021, 02:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo13056 View Post
Not related to reimbursements but I am interested in your Air Bag warning light issue. I have a 2019 Greyhawk 30X and have been getting an intermittent Air Bag warning light for about a year. I narrowed it down to the passenger seat and it seems to come on and off especially when hitting bumps in the road. I ran a scan and no error codes come up. Do you have details on what Ford did to fix your issue?
The Ford dealer had to run a wire from under the passenger seat to the seatbelt tensioner. Wonder if might be a loose connection at your seatbelt tensioner.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:03 PM   #6

Keep the check receipt and make a copy of any correspondence for your tax files. That way it can clearly show it was a reimbursement for a warranty repair versus income…just in case.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:16 PM   #7

Mi_Skibum - thanks for the info. I did a quick check on the wiring but now that I know someone else has had a similar issue, I’ll do a re-check.
Frodo13056 is offline   Reply With Quote