Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2021, 06:53 PM   #1

Leveling Class C

Can you share how you level your rig, what you use, what's the best way to do it?
Does the slideout changes the set up after its fully open? If yes how you go back and adjust it?
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:31 PM   #2
RPR

Do you have auto level jack system? Have you calibrated it? You can manually level with the system. Info in manual. Sometimes ours is a tic off after auto level and slides extended. From personal experience I believe it’s the type of ground we were on. My own little check that works for me is I open our bathroom door off our hallway half way on our 2018 Greyhawk 31DS and if it stays there we are right on the bubble or a tic off.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:35 PM   #3

unfortunately no auto leveling system
Old 04-08-2021, 07:57 PM   #4
RPR

Rented one from factory to Alaska four years ago. Had wood blocks and sometimes had to retract slides back up add or subtract blocks and do over. After 18 days on the road we got good at looking at the bubbles before knowing how many blocks we needed and where figuring in what effects the slides had for that unit.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:00 PM   #5

I've got a 2020 Greyhawk Prestige 30XP with one long slide on the driver side. After I auto level I am always a touch low on the passenger side. I then put the slide out and it's almost always perfect. I use a level on the floor but it's hard to argue with the bathroom door as a level.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:00 PM   #6

Just FYI, there are free level apps for your phone that can help. I’ve always understood that the unit should be level before you extend your slides.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:12 PM   #7

i am trying to use the phone apps but it is recommended to place your phone on the dining table and go from there. Being the driver and walking back and forth gets annoying.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco 24B View Post
i am trying to use the phone apps but it is recommended to place your phone on the dining table and go from there. Being the driver and walking back and forth gets annoying.

Place it on the floor close to where you need to be.
No need for it to be on the dining table.

I bought some inexpensive bubble levels and mounted those in a convenient spot.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:26 PM   #9
RPR

Jayco 24B This may help. If you have not already and have access to a level pad I would also check for a good spot to place your level with slides out. Found normal spots for this may not be.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:29 PM   #10

Thank you all for your input, always helps to hear other ideas and learn as we go.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:36 PM   #11

I use the levelmate pro bluetooth leveler. Amazon sells it. It tells you how much lift each tire needs and then I use drive up ramp levelers. Sometimes, I don't even worry with it if the RV feels level when I park, but the levelmate pro and app helps a lot. Before that, I used a simple bubble level on the floor which worked fairly well once you get used to it. ~CA
Old 04-08-2021, 08:46 PM   #12
RPR

Most fun leveling job I had even with auto level. Whales Cove Campground Nova Scotia. First day campground open for season. Me, my shovel, rocks, dirt and pads to make a base. I should have taken before and after pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
56947F77-5605-4ADD-AD04-2DC520DCD0B7.jpg  
Old 04-09-2021, 05:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
I use the levelmate pro bluetooth leveler. Amazon sells it. It tells you how much lift each tire needs and then I use drive up ramp levelers. Sometimes, I don't even worry with it if the RV feels level when I park, but the levelmate pro and app helps a lot. Before that, I used a simple bubble level on the floor which worked fairly well once you get used to it. ~CA
I also use the levelmate pro. It makes things pretty easy. I have an assortment of wood, home made rubber pads and store bought leveling blocks.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote