Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2019, 09:51 AM   #1

light bar problem

I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler that I flat tow and I am using a RVHW32 RV tow light from Towmate. I had a 2016 Wrangler and I would use the suction cups on the tow bar to stick onto the inside of the back window. The problem is the 2017 seems to have the rear window strips for defroster that seem to go down the window more than on the 2016. There is a problem with trying to get the the suction cups stay on over the strips. They will but not very well. I may have to take the spare tire off when I tow if I have too but I was wondering if there is anyone that has had this problem and if so what you did to solve it. I don't want to wire the Jeep to the RV's system because the signal from the RV to the light bar is wireless and it comes from the antenna that you plug into the trailer light plug. So this is how the brake lights and signals work. Also I plug the light bar into a hot 12V receptacle so my ignition is not on and the light bar is all LED's and uses hardly any juice. Any ideas, suggestions, opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,'
Bill
3fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:04 AM   #2

The Towmate site shows the RVHW32 with magnets for mounting to the toad. Would that be a better method for the Wrangler than suction cups?
DaButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:50 AM   #3

Actually I use the magnets with the mounts on the suction cups that attach to the window. However just using the magnets alone like on the roof because the roof is not metal and the magnets won't work. Thanks, Bill
3fivers is offline   Reply With Quote