Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #1

Lighting question

I can't believe we can't find a simple light switch but that is the case. We have a 2018 Melbourne 24L. We have a sleeping area over the cab. There are two lights in this area, one on the right and one on the left. The battery for the coach is disconnected but the lights are on so it makes me think the lights are part of the chassis. We can not find out how to turn off these lights. The owners manual is no help. Also can't find anything in the online chassis manual (hard copy of this not provided). Any ideas from anyone that has one of these as to where the light switch is? All the other lights are off. Thanks for any suggestions.
FunontheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:06 PM   #2

Are they controlled by the "headlight switch" in the cab? Or the button very nearby.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:13 PM   #3

I dont have a Melbourne but the two lights over my bunk are controlled by a switch that is behind the curtain. I always have to think about where it is located. I assume you are talking about the two led recessed lights over the bunk. Not sure why this would not be controlled by the house electric as it really is part of the house but stranger things can happen. As 2008 said sometimes if you turn the dash lights up the overhead lights in the cab will come on but really dont have any experience with MB chassis. Take this for what you paid for it.

Best of luck and please post what you find.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:22 PM   #4

Behind the curtain you say... What else is behind the curtain?
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:25 PM   #5

Why the wonderful wizard of oz of course!, but pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:31 PM   #6

We don't have the model, but in our Greyhawk, the switch for the cab-over lights is a white switch on a white back-ground and up high on the roof, drivers side.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:19 AM   #7

In our 2018 29MV, the switch is on the ceiling, drivers side, behind the privacy curtain for the bunk.

Love To Travel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:03 PM   #8

Lighting

We finally found out where the light switch is for the two lights overt the cab area. The switch is above the driver's head on the ceiling behind the curtain. It is so close to the curtain that the curtain must be moved in order to see it. Thanks for the suggestions from everyone as it was frustrating looking and looking for the hidden switch.
FunontheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lighting, melbourne 24l