Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2018, 09:36 AM   #1

Location of pump assembly for leveling system

Hello all. I have a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 30X. When last trying to level it I had no power to the control panel. Contacted LCI to get help troubleshooting and they quickly respond with a few things to check out. I have verified that they is no power going to the control panel so they told me to check the in line fuse at the pump assembly and if good to check fuse at control box. All sounds good but I have no idea where these to parts are and what they look like. Can anyone give me a helping hand? Headed to Florida soon and have to get this in order first.

Thanks in advance for all of your help and have a great day!!!!
RV Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:36 AM   #2

Hello to you and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully you'll hear from Greyhawk owner(s) soon.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #3

Thanks oldman. Have a good day!
Old 10-19-2018, 10:55 AM   #4

Look underneath the RV about mid way between the front and rear wheels. you will see a black motor pump assembly with a opaque looking tank with red fluid in it. That is the leveling pump system. There should be a inline fuse in a yellow rubber cover near the pump motor. Check that fuse. I would think the fuse for the control panel would be either under the bed near the other fuses for the RV or up near the front by the drivers left foot.

Hope this helps.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Poppy View Post
Hello all. I have a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 30X. When last trying to level it I had no power to the control panel. Contacted LCI to get help troubleshooting and they quickly respond with a few things to check out. I have verified that they is no power going to the control panel so they told me to check the in line fuse at the pump assembly and if good to check fuse at control box. All sounds good but I have no idea where these to parts are and what they look like. Can anyone give me a helping hand? Headed to Florida soon and have to get this in order first.

Thanks in advance for all of your help and have a great day!!!!

I have a 2017 GreyHawk 29W and my pump is located under the Motorhome, about 1/2 way back on the driver’s side of the driveshaft, welded to the inside of the frame. There is a fluid reservoir bottle attached to the motor with multiple hydraulic lines attached. If you look under the coach, you will see it.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:14 AM   #6

I am assuming you did this but just for reminder...Be sure the motorhome key is turned on and motor is running. Set the parking brake.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #7

A longshot, but easy to check: The ground cable from the pump motor to the frame. Several of us have had this cable fail due to connector fracture at the frame end. Control panel will be dead if this happens.
MikeUSNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #8

Thanks to you all for your help. Georgia RV was right on the money and I found the pump with ease. Before I even had a chance to check the fuse I found the problem. The connector that hooks the the ground wire to the chassis had broke. Seems I'm only a new connector and a crimper away from being good to go. Florida here we come!

Thanks again everyone and have a great evening!!
Old 10-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #9

Glad you found it and thanks for letting us know. Have a great time in Florida.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #10

I am sure it will be good. Making a permanent move down from PA. I have said for 20 years I was retiring to Arizona but, the wife and kids prefer Florida. I know this has nothing to do with this thread but, we are excited about the change and so I ask forgiveness. LOL
Old 10-19-2018, 06:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Poppy View Post
I am sure it will be good. Making a permanent move down from PA. I have said for 20 years I was retiring to Arizona but, the wife and kids prefer Florida. I know this has nothing to do with this thread but, we are excited about the change and so I ask forgiveness. LOL

Absolutely no reason to apologize !! This is the freedom we have in this country. Let’s keep it that way. Vote in November wisely so we don’t lose the freedom and choices that we still have !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #12

RV Poppy, Glad you found the problem. When I fixed mine, I took advantage of the opportunity to Re-route that cable and support it with cable ties. It is definitely not properly installed by the factory installer. (IMHO)
MikeUSNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:33 PM   #13

I am with you 100% on that one MikeUSNRet. I had already given that some thought and will definitely follow through with it. Totally believe that the extreme excess of cable flapping about is why it worked itself up and down and eventually broke. Did a few years in the Navy myself sir and thank you for your service as well as your advice.
Old 05-22-2021, 01:08 PM   #14

I know this thread is old but just wanted to add that last week on the 3rd stop of a 3 stop trip from Muskegon, MI to Ohio, Indiana, and back home over 10 days, we had this exact same problem. Leveling panel had no power. Couldn't find a problem so put some blocks under the front tires to get through until we got home. Later I noticed a wire hanging from the pump area. Crawled underneath in the dolomite and found the ground wire connector ring broke right in half. It clearly showed signs of hitting the road a few times. Put a couple zip ties on it to get home. Went to the local NAPA, got a new connector and good to go. Cost $1.55, used a couple new zip ties to hold it up more secure. I'm sure it was a case of a 2' cable that should be 15" and hanging down blowing around going down the road. I'm positive we didn't hit anything to break the connector. Thanks to all of you that came before me on this. My Greyhawk is a 2020 still having the same issue many have had years earlier. This should have been a simple no cost correction made years ago.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote