Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2024, 08:09 AM   #1

Looking for Dual E-Trike rack for Greyhawk

We have a 2013 Greyhawk DS31. The coach has a receiver hitch (factory installed I believe) that is rated for 750-pound tongue weight. We are contemplating buying e-bikes but we are getting at the age that three wheels seem safer for us than two-wheel bikes so we are looking at trikes. Hollywood Racks got back to me that they don't make racks for two trikes on an RV.

We are looking for suggestions. I've seen vertically mounted racks but not sure how you would get trikes onto the rack for transport. The trikes we are looking at fold to 31 inches wide. If we can't locate a rack to transport trikes perhaps we will have to re-look at two-wheeled bikes as our only option.

In advance, thanks for the help.
KC1SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 10:34 AM   #2

How about something like this: https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...BAgDEFo&adurl=
Handieman1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 10:40 AM   #3

Certainly an option. Thanks!
KC1SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 11:31 AM   #4

You should try etrailer.com
They have all kinds of bike/ebike racks.
LampsAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 12:08 PM   #5

Just tossing one small comment out there - we bought an adult tricycle for our disabled son. Riding it scared the bejeebus out'a me. I found it tremendously easy to tip. Just my half-cent.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:12 PM   #6

I would go ride one and then if you really like it, you can figure out how to transport it. As heavy as they are, you will probably need a small trailer.
1975 Triumph TR6-in progress
"For evil to triumph, good people need do Nothing!"
dwaynebmsg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 06:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Just tossing one small comment out there - we bought an adult tricycle for our disabled son. Riding it scared the bejeebus out'a me. I found it tremendously easy to tip. Just my half-cent.
We bought a dual side by side trike for my daughter a couple summer's ago. It has a plow handlebar and it's really stable. She has Autism and is not able to handle any type of bike on her own.

It was custom made by Worksman Cycles out of Conway, South Carolina. They are the oldest bicycle manufacturer in the USA. They have a NY plant, but only manufacture their food vending bicycles, there.

Our trike has electric assist as well. Here is a photo of the bike, but not our actual bike. We tow it on a small, 5x8 trailer. It's meant for flat smooth zones with only slight inclines. We love it. They also make adult, folding trikes.

Worksmancycles.com
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 8.49.58 PM.jpg  
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 07:22 AM   #8

I would also HIGHLY recommend that both of you test ride a couple of ebikes before you buy. There are two types of drive, hub-drive, which gives constant push as long as the pedals are moving and mid-drive (torque sensing) which provides a more realistic bike riding experience. On a torque sensing bike, the faster you pedal, the faster you go and the bike gears are functional. On a hub-drive, the assist-level you are using basically sets the speed. I have one of each and do NOT like the hub-drive.
1975 Triumph TR6-in progress
"For evil to triumph, good people need do Nothing!"
dwaynebmsg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 09:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
She has Autism and is not able to handle any type of bike on her own.
That's an awesome setup! I don't want to run us too far off-topic but I do want to mention that there's a group of volunteers out there, the name escapes me, that dedicate themselves to teaching Special Needs kids to ride bikes.

I tried, and failed, with our son. But this group, did it! I think it was 5ish hours on a Saturday. They had a variety of bikes, graduating in difficulty. And they accomplish it but running along side the kids for hours on end!

I never thought we'd get him to ride. But they did it.

Tags
bike track, greyhawk 31ds