Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #1

Smile Looking for Granite Ridge Owners

Okay, so we just joined and have yet to see a post regarding Jayco's Granite Ridge. We have a 2004 Granite Ridge DS2700 and love it. I know Jayco no longer makes the Granite Ridge but sure we are not the only owners. Anyway, just wanted to say hey.
Charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #2

Hiya Charlene and welcome to the JOF! Although I haven't heard of, or, there may not be many Granite Ridge owners here that I know of, we do have a few later model Class C owners here. Have you had the Class C for a while?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #3

Hi Charlene, my DH and I have a new to us 04 Granite Ridge 3100ss. Glad to see someone else with a GR I was beginning to think I was the only one.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!’”
bailinout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #4

(belated welcome bailinout )
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #5

I have a new to me 2003 Granite Ridge 31SS and am loving it
rlofstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #6

Hi!
We have a 2005 Granite Ridge SS31. We're in NW new Jersey. Where are you located? We lover the Granite Ridge. Much nicer than even the newer Greyhawks in my opinion.

Charles
Charles & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene View Post
Okay, so we just joined and have yet to see a post regarding Jayco's Granite Ridge. We have a 2004 Granite Ridge DS2700 and love it. I know Jayco no longer makes the Granite Ridge but sure we are not the only owners. Anyway, just wanted to say hey.
We have had our 2006 Granite Ridge 29GS for about a year now and just returned from a 10 week, 9,200 mile trip to Alaska. The rig worked fine and made for a very enjoyable trip. We were afraid that it would seem too small after our 34' fifth wheel, but that wasn't the case - we had all the room we needed. Only problems we encountered were the rear day-night shade falling down (had to tape a beach towel there at night until I was able to get an extender and screw the shade back into the valance).

We have had Jayco tent campers and a Jayco fifthwheel and always found them to be a quality product and the motorhome is no exception. We have the front entertainment center which is what we wanted as we are retired and have no need for the extra bunks. Love the little extras that came w/the GR, like the ice maker and power awning.

We are in Minnesota.
2006 Granite Ridge 2900GS
2015 Montana High Country 345RL
cdrcos@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #8

Hi Charles,
We're located on the middle peninsula of Virginia, on the Chesapeake Bay. We'll be spending the winter here close to the Moms who are both elderly. We love our GR too, we almost bought a Winnabago but when we found this the superior quality and layout sold us. We've have a few minor issues that we're fixing ourselves but the rear jack went kaput so that's being repaired next week, glad we bought the ext warrantee! I know NJ is a big state but we are looking at a few CG in Jersey close to my daughter (Wilmington DE) and wonder if you are familiar with any of them - Timberlane, Old Cedars and Oldmans. We prefer smaller campgrounds without all the bells buzzers and whistles but it seems like a lot of them cater more to the permanent rvrs and can be a little seedy. Thanks for the reply and maybe we will see you up in Jersey sometime but at the very least keep in touch regarding our GRs.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!’”
bailinout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #9

We own a 2003 GR 3100ss we bought last spring. Still have questions about it but seems like there are few in the know. Glad to know there are a few of us. We really like the unit, mostly dry camp and it works great for the two of us and the grand kids.
dumboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #10

I bought my 2005 GR 3100SS just this past June, and I love it! Everything is working as it should, so far. I'm located in Southern California. Just returned from a one ,month trip up and down the state.
Every time I pull into a campground, I look for other GRs. Not very many. It's a great conversation starter.

Thinking of doing a little remodeling of the front area. Has anyone removed the dinette and couch and replaced them with a dinette table, and lounge chairs? Would love to get some feedback.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #11

2005 Granite Ridge 3100SS

We purchased a Granite Ridge 3100SS this November. Looking forward to hearing from the other Granite Ridge owners. Located in Texas.
Crspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #12

We have a 2004 Granite Ridge 3100SS that we just purchased. Just "up the way from" you. We finished upgrading a few of the electronics - flash programmed the satellite (KVH tracvision) from DirectTV to DISH. Pulled out the old cd player AV system and installed a new blueray player, Switched from Sirus to XM radio.
Next project is replacing all 4 ball joints with shocks as the lowers are bad. Seems the stock ones wear out rather quickly. At least on mine with only 25,000 miles they are worn out. Just need a little of this snow to melt and the temps to come back to "normal" and I'll pull the front in into my shop and get the work done. I built the shop when we had the house built ... but did not have in mind the height of a RV!! oops...
rbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #13

2004 Granite Ridge

Bought a Granite Ridge 31SS in March 2012. Absolutely love it. We are located in Northwest NJ.
Robbie V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #14

Granite Ridge

I'm about to be a Granite Ridge owner! I put the down payment on it today and will pick it up on Tuesday. I'm very excited to be here, as this is my very first RV, and I have heard nothing but good things about them. Mine is a 2002 3100SS with 20K miles and practically everything in it looks like it has never been used. I'm in Alabama and anticipate a lot of beach trips this year. Maybe a trip to the mountains of Tennessee for the fall to watch the leaves change. We still have quite a ways to go until retirement, so any really long trips are out of the question until we can get more time away from work. Until then, we can look forward to some long weekends and some regular weekends at the lakes and parks close to home.
HeeHawHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #15

Proud owner of a 2004 Granite Ridge 3100ss. Just bought it Aug 2012. I was surprised everything works! I bought it as is and was hoping the seller was honest. He was.
Well only thing that needs replacing now is the
deep cycle battery.
I just sold a 1997 Jayco RBS 277. It was going to need a deep cycle battery too.
Dave & Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #16

Hey Dave and Deb. You will love your Granite Ridge. We live in Southern California/Western LA County. We bought our GR new in 2004 and upgraded the battery system in 2009. Originally, we had one 12 volt house battery. We switched to two 6 volt Lifeline (GPL4C) Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries and couldn't be happier. Since originally there was only one tray for the 12 volt house battery, we had to not only use that location but also had to use part of the outside storage bay to the right of the battery 's location to put the 2nd battery. We had Bill of Bill's RV do the work back when Bill still owned the business. He has subsequently retired. Happy travels to the two of you. Charlene
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #17

Thanks for your reply and the advice about the two 6v battery system. I'm sure we are going to enjoy our unit. We had a 97 5th wheel Jayco RBS 277.
But thought a motor home will work better for us now. Wife has health issues which makes motor home a better idea. I love the V10. It has plenty of power.
What average mileage do you get.?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #18

Dave and Deb. We got about 8 while towing the Tacoma with camper shell. Just switched to a Honda CRV (less weight and smaller). Haven't towed yet so hopefully we will get a bit better mileage. We pretty much try to stay between 55 & 60 (California law says 55 is the limit when towing in our great state) so I am sure that helps as well. Will be takng it to Montana this summer so that should be a good mileage test.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #19

I'm looking at a little Saturn (sp) 5 speed stick to pull behind. The price is right. Just got to check it out better. Put a hitch on it and the way I go.
Got magnetic lights to put on it. Plug them into the MH light plug. I hope I don't have to hook up some kind of brake system. The little Saturn shouldn't weigh any more than a 17ft. I/O Boat.
I figured between 8-10 not towing. When I cruise at 70 I know she gulps the fuel. Still learning.
Got about 10 pulling a Jayco RBS 277 5th Wheel with my 2002 Chevy Duramax. That bad devil has the power.
After using the MH once last fall. I'm sure this summer it will be real enjoyable.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #20

Saturn is gone. Have to look for another little towable.