Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2018, 11:22 PM   #1
CAL

Looking for water filter and pump in 2017 Jayco Redhawk 23xm

I've searched the threads and see quite a few owners have to search for the water filter and water pump.

I bought a slightly-used 2017 Jayco Redhawk 23xm 3 months ago. I've already put 7500 miles on it and it's been great. But, that was all winter driving and the dealer I purchased the Redhawk from had winterized it. Now that spring is here (well...kind of), I'm ready to de-winterize and start using the water system.

I found the spanner, but haven't had any luck locating the water filter. I checked the area behind the shower, as I think someone said it was behind that panel. I also need to locate the water pump.

Does anyone on the forum know where the filter and pump are on this model? Thanks for reading...
CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:54 AM   #2

I don't have your same model, mine's a 25R, but the water filter is in the bathroom cabinet, which is right next to the outside fill location. I would start by poking around by your filling port.
As far as the pump, mine was easy to find as it was making so much noise. I found a panel in my main storage compartment that enabled easy access to the pump.

Good luck and enjoy!
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:29 AM   #3

I had a 08 GH, water filter was below the kitchen sink, water pump was under bath sink behind/under a panel or shelf.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #4

Look under the bed. There is a panel to access the water pump there on mine. Filter is inside bathroom vanity.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #5

Water drain

Thanks, even though it is labeled as another low point drain, I opened what you mentioned and it is draining!!! I have the other low point drain as you mentioned on the passenger side inside a compartment.
pjhmth2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #6
CAL

Scavenger hunt for water pump and water filter

Wow...folks, sounds a bit like a scavenger hunt. I need to try and follow the cold water line from the fill port and see if I can follow it to the filter. As far as the pump goes, I thought about briefly turning on the water pump to be able to hear it, but was concerned about doing that with the system winterized. This is our first experience owning a motorhome so we're just learning.

I'll go back and look under the bed. I know that's where I found the inverter a while back but didn't think I saw a water pump there. That is also where I found an AAV...something new to me.

I know I will find the pump and filter. I'll report back when I do.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #7

The pump is easy to find. Open a random faucet, turn on the pump. Then follow the noise. It could be hidden in a cargo hold, or inside the MH, in or under a cabinet. It is not uncommon that you may need a #2 screwdriver to access the area.

Good luck! at this rate we may have snow here until August!

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:04 AM   #8
CAL

Found the water pump...but not the filter

I checked (for the second time) behind a panel below the refrigerator. This time, I moved the furnace duct work around a little and it exposed the water pump. So, I went ahead and cleaned out the strainer, which was pretty clean anyway.

I'm really wondering if the original owners of the motorhome got rid of the water filter. I'll try to get someone at Jayco to tell me where it should be. I think I've checked everywhere...under the bed, behind bathroom/shower panels, behind all the panels in the living area...in the cargo areas.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:53 AM   #9

Our htt, is setup for a water filter, I have never installed it. If carefully looking under our kitchen sink, you'll see a section of pipe that needs to be removed, for a pass through filter.

Personally if you want a filter, I would go to your favorite dyi hardware store, buy a water filter, with interchangeable filter media, then buy pipe to hose adaptors (brass fittings). Then connect the assembly in line with your hose.

Good luck.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:40 PM   #10

Not sure if its the same but I have a 2018 Redhawk 22C. Just found my water filter by removing the dresser drawers. It was off to the side.
Nytebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #11
CAL

Mystery of the "missing" Jayco Redhawk 23xm water filter

Thanks for your responses. The Redhawk 22C has a bit different floorplan from my 23XM. Our wardrobe closet is a slideout.

Anyway...I can't think of any other place to look for the water filter, so I sent a note to Jayco last night. Hopefully, they will respond in a day or two and I can report back on where the water filter should be on the 2017 23XM.

If the original owner had it removed, I may not bother putting one back in. We got into the habit of taking our drinking water with us the 20 years we had a camping trailer. But...I do want to make sure I know whether we have a filter or not!
Old 04-19-2018, 07:52 PM   #12
CAL

Found the water filter!

Thanks again, everybody. I found the water filter in the 2017 Jayco Redhawk 23xm. It was behind a panel just left of the toilet (facing the toilet) and behind the shower.

At first, I didn't think it was there, because I couldn't see it from outside the coach when looking at that area through the "water bay." And, the panel didn't want to pull off from the bathroom after removing the two screws. But, the panel is much easier to remove from outside the coach, by reaching into the compartment and tapping on the back of the panel. After that, I went back into the bathroom and could see the water filter housing in the compartment. Changing the filter was actually pretty easy.

Tags
filter, location, pump, water