Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2020, 07:01 PM   #41

Horrible Experience

We have had our 2020 Entegra Odyssey for exactly 1 year. It has been the worst experience ever. Our motorhome has been in the shop at least 3 of those months. I personally don’t know if it’s a Jayco thing or the mechanics. We are now consulting a lemon law attorney. This could not be normal. Sometimes the same things 2-3 times and still not working. I think we might try a travel trailer. But not one thing had to do with the Ford 450 chassis. Good luck to you!
Debbie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:08 PM   #42

Friend with Greyhawk

BUT, knew a couple with a new Greyhawk that was eaten up with rust thru out underside so probably up into too. They lit up the reviews on the internet and dealer is giving a new one.
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:09 PM   #43

Have a Redhawk

I bought a 2020 26XD off the dealer- last one on the lot. Haven't had any trouble, new gel batteries cause I hate to add water. Wanna sell it in the spring but it is a bit too short for you and near Redding, CA. Not a great quality but that was understandably not an expectation. I am just careful with it.
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:35 PM   #44

I agree with those on this forum who recognize quality control in the RV manufacturing world is a hit and miss proposition at best and no one single manufacturer can rate at the top for long. I chose Jayco mainly for the price point, features, ride, and warranty. Our 2020 Greyhawk 30z has had some minor issues so far after just 3000 miles, but nothing not under warranty. So far, I’d recommend Jayco.
belisba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:57 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie G View Post
We have had our 2020 Entegra Odyssey for exactly 1 year. It has been the worst experience ever. Our motorhome has been in the shop at least 3 of those months. I personally don’t know if it’s a Jayco thing or the mechanics. We are now consulting a lemon law attorney. This could not be normal. Sometimes the same things 2-3 times and still not working. I think we might try a travel trailer. But not one thing had to do with the Ford 450 chassis. Good luck to you!

Wow, so sorry to hear that! We bought our 2019 Odyssey 31L in July of 2018 and have had very few issues. Is it a bunch of different stuff, or the new motor?
Old 10-15-2020, 06:05 AM   #46

2018 Greyhawk 30xp

Bottom line up front: We would never buy this unit again. Look up my story on our nightmare situation with our rig. Two year warranty does not mean jack or crap when the unit is sitting in a dealers parking lot waiting on service for 75% of that warranty. We proudly owned a Jayco tow behind bunkhouse, 2009 model and that unit was simply AWESOME. Comparing the workmanship of that model to Jayco motorized is a day and night difference. Problem after problem, combined with multiple incompetent dealerships, Camping World, of Savannah, GA, Chesaco RV in Gambrills, MD (THE WORSE OF THE WORSE), James Guy of Southern Maryland RV, and again Camping World of Savannah, GA. You are at the absolute mercy of these folks and frankly they do not give two craps about you, your plans, or your time. Best deal was a mobile RV mechanic that quickly fixed a blown hydraulic line. 100% agree with other contributors that you HAVE TO become good at diagnosing and fixing stuff yourself. That is the simple truth and a hard pill to swallow for someone like me that wants to hold Jayco accountable for their warranty and workmanship but it sadly "Is what it is". The RV community is dedicated to helping itself out with fantastic forums like this one so that is a shared misery which makes this bearable. But in the end you will encounter show stopping problems and at the most inconvenient time possible. The entire industry at this price point is all one and the same but we consumers just suck it up and accept it which really makes us part of the problem.

See you on the road, campground, service center (more here I think).
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:39 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopalgangr View Post
Yeah like they either hit the stud or missed the stud when they screwed stuff together

What studs??
Old 10-15-2020, 05:58 PM   #48

I have a 2017 greyhawk 29mv 14k miles getting it ready to put up for sale in the Phoenix Az area.
Chuck B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:52 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by classcwannebe View Post
Hello,

I have been looking for a class C a while now and what with the COVID-19 it has hampered my search. With all the class C motorhomes in the 28 to 23 foot range i have been leaning towards Jayco, i know all class C' s are not perfect and come with issues but lately i seem to see on other forums that Jayco isn't any good at all and i have set my sights on a Greyhawk 27U, as advice would be appreciated.
I bought a 2020 Jayco RedHawk 24 B in march, I love it but its just me. Would prefer more space on the sides of the bed. The step up in the shower is high, they did not provide enough structure under the drain pan. I added a TV in the bedroom. Nice RV
arobinson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:18 PM   #50

ClassCWannebe I sent you a Private Message on a contact for a 2019 Greyhawk 31FS for sale.
Texas Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:59 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinDad View Post
We bought our Redhawk new this spring at the start of the shut down. The quality is decent. The appeal to us was the Jayco 2 year warranty as opposed to 1 year with the other brands. This is our 3rd rv, but 1st motorhome, so we knew going into it the first year or two is working out the manufacturer’s kinks. You can get the same RV anywhere in the country, but I would say make sure you have a good relationship with your local dealer because they are the ones who will he doing the annoying warranty work.
How about when you are on road in another state? A dealer in that state have the responsibility to fix it?
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote