Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2021, 12:20 PM   #1

Loss of Backup Camera video signal

Hi Folks...have a 2021 Greyhawk 30Z and we went to pick up our unit at the dealer yesterday and found that we lost the video signal to our back up camera which was working when we dropped it of two weeks prior for the Jacks recall.
Anyway, can anyone help and let us know where to look for the fuse for the back up camera or if there is something else we should consider that might be the cause of our issue. Thanks for your insight and thoughts.
adonofrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonofrio View Post
Hi Folks...have a 2021 Greyhawk 30Z and we went to pick up our unit at the dealer yesterday and found that we lost the video signal to our back up camera which was working when we dropped it of two weeks prior for the Jacks recall.

Anyway, can anyone help and let us know where to look for the fuse for the back up camera or if there is something else we should consider that might be the cause of our issue. Thanks for your insight and thoughts.
Under the drivers knee is a piece of plastic that runs towards the door should have the aux start button on it on the left corner?

If u gently pull that entire lower portion of, there should be a mess of wires under it with a fuse or 2 under there, ud check that, and the box that connects all the cameras as well

It is like this in our 2018 greyhawk 29mv, so might still bethe same?
J2048b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:02 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply and information. I looked where you indicated and just found the fuse for the mirrors/jack system. Nothing else. Guess I'll get in line with Jayco as they couldn't help the dealer!
adonofrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:00 AM   #4
CAG

While some have had the fuse blow, many of us have been victims of Jayco's poor wiring workmanship. Wires running from both side cameras, and the rear camera pass near the emergency brake mechanism behind the dash. Putting the brake on pinches the wires there and shorts out mirrors and cameras. And the fuse can be a symptom of a shorted wire.

CAG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:21 PM   #5

I have the same problem on my 2021 Redhawk 31F. I noticed that if I wash the RV and spray the camera, my signal is dead. It will later flicker on the screen like the old television tuning.

The first time it did that, and it came back to normal. I didn't know it was the camera getting wet so I washed it again and now it's doing the same thing again. It hasn't come back on.

Does anyone know if this is hardwired or a wireless camera. I'm thinking it's hardwired. I would like to replace the cheap POS.
jyh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:46 PM   #6

Pretty sure that is hard-wired.

I recently had water in my camera and it was fogged over and they replaced it.
These cameras clearly have something awy with their seals.

adonofrio: are your other cameras working??

If so it's probably not a fuse nor the controller but a bad camera.

don_kleinschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 02:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_kleinschnitz View Post
Pretty sure that is hard-wired.

+1 Also pretty sure it's wired.
Old 06-20-2021, 03:40 PM   #8

My camera worked so\poradically for the first year or so, then lost the signal. Picture was so bad it wasn’t all that much of a loss.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:03 AM   #9

what's the rear camera part number? Are you guys replacing with same or different cameras? Mine also seems to be on the Fritz. 2017 29MV thanks Ted.
Tgroves526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:54 PM   #10

I might as well join the chorus. Our went out on our Melbourne 24L sometime ago. Did not work the entire 25 day trip we just returned from. Went to a truck/RV was to get the RV cleaned and while in line the back up camera magically came on. After leaving the RV was, it wasn't working again.

As a side note, we have a rear view camera installed on our RV along with a monitor to view the camera. It really is a nice addition we made and are happy we did it.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:20 PM   #11

I'll join this one ... 2016 - 29MV - Rear camera is pretty useless where it is placed. Yes, it is hard wired!
Mine quit on first road trip - later found that "road debris" had cut the cable feed from the rear camera. Plans to replace and move camera to a better location sometime.
Propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:26 AM   #12

We have a 2021 24B. I checked and the camera is hard-wired. I noticed a tear on the top of the rubber housing and put some caulk on it.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loss of signal