Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2022, 09:30 AM   #1

Lost power to house

2018 Melbourne Lost all power during night sleep. No power showing at house power switch and nothing showing in solar panel. Like a main breaker blew, but can’t find it. Flipped all the breakers in the panel under bed. Lost
SidGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:28 PM   #2

If you've got power at the pedestal, then the incoming lines feed into the ATS (automatic transfer switch). In mine, those wires came loose from the connectors. I lost power after a lot of arcing, smoke and smell.

Pop the cover of the ATS and take a peek
Old 08-05-2022, 06:51 PM   #3

First off the solar panel would have nothing to do with loss of 120 volt power. Solar is part of the 12 volt system.

If you are connected to a pedestal at a park, I would check the breakers in the pedestal. Try cycling them. It is also possible that there is no power in the pedestal. If you have a generator try running it to see if you have 120 volts.

Will be hard to troubleshoot without a voltmeter.
Attached Thumbnails
Voltmeter.JPG  

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 04:29 AM   #4

I have a 2018 GreyHawk. Was on my way to Florida 2-weeks ago from Maine when the transfer switch burnt up at 3am in the morning. The transfer switch is located under the master bed in what looks like a "bowl of spagetti wires" ... luckily no fire. The manufacturer of the transfer switch stated that the terminal point of the connected wire was not properly torqued. Thank you Jayco ... so far your quality control has cost me over $10,000 with all the other problems I had with this RV.
Florida Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Steve View Post
I have a 2018 GreyHawk. Was on my way to Florida 2-weeks ago from Maine when the transfer switch burnt up at 3am in the morning. The transfer switch is located under the master bed in what looks like a "bowl of spagetti wires" ... luckily no fire. The manufacturer of the transfer switch stated that the terminal point of the connected wire was not properly torqued.

Same thing happened to me.
Smelled it - thankfully no fire.