Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2015, 05:37 AM   #1

Loves Tire Pass Program

I was reading up on the Loves Tire Pass Program. TirePass

Not sure if they'll even do RV's but was wondering if anyone here is using it? Seems like a pretty good piece of mind, and probably a great way for them to sell tires.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:36 AM   #2

From that same site:

How much does it cost?

The first visit is free, but then TirePass is $5 per tractor and $5 per trailer. An enhanced offer with reporting is available for $10 per tractor and $10 per trailer.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:50 AM   #3

I checked with Loves, and they said that it's currently only for large diesel commercial vehicles, and is located in one of the diesel fueling stations.

Drat, I was going to try it!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
I checked with Loves, and they said that it's currently only for large diesel commercial vehicles, and is located in one of the diesel fueling stations.

Drat, I was going to try it!
I learned to tell them I have a "Freightliner Day Cab"...they seem to steer clear of the word "RV". With the Seneca, I use the diesel twin pumps so I'll try my local Loves as well on next fueling. Thanks
Old 12-12-2015, 04:27 PM   #5

Update...TirePass

I finally went by my local Loves for fuel to prepare for a weekend outing next week. I pulled into the Tire Pass lane, waited what seemed like 30 minutes for a non-Tire Pass big rig to finish his stop, and called for Tire Pass on the call box.

The store manager came out, said he'd give it a try, but it was dependent upon finding my frame configuration. After having some handheld computer issues, he was all set and used the six wheel tractor setting. Connected the fill tubes, took measurements of existing pressures and tread wear, and set the tires to the requested pressure. Seems like all of the devices are connected via blue tooth to the yellow fill stations. I went with 105.

The report was detailed, indicating existing pressure at drive up as well as the tread wear on all six tires. He did recommend that I get the quick fill caps, which the Loves Tire Shop team was kind enough to give to me at no charge.

I'll scan and try to upload the report later.

All in all very impressive service and for $5.00, a great piece of mind. Not sure if the Class A DP's will work. Again...I told him to look up Freightliner M2/106 chassis.

Great service at this stop in Duson, LA.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #6

I've been doing the tire pressure once a trip for about a month. We buy most of our fuel from Love's now and get points that pays for the tire pressure check. However, I still tip the attendant the $5.

This is a great service. There is a little sticker they put on the driver's side window and it allows the past info to be referenced with the new. Tires cold are suppose to be 110 lbs, so I go for anything over 100 as being acceptable.

My compressor struggles to go above 70 lbs. and I had no idea how I was going to do 110lbs. This resolves it and checks all 6 tires while I'm fueling up.

This takes all of 20 or 30 minutes and we fuel usually once a day. I'm sure a break down on the side of the road, will take a lot longer.

"I learned to tell them I have a "Freightliner Day Cab"...they seem to steer clear of the word "RV". With the Seneca, I use the diesel twin pumps so I'll try my local Loves as well on next fueling. "

I've never been questioned and just say it is a "private vehicle", I also like using the twin pumps. Not one person at a Love's has made me feel un-welcomed. The drivers are friendly, the attendants are friendly and the cashiers willing take my money and I get great service.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote