Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2021, 10:03 AM   #21

So if the points are being corroded, hence the low voltage, why wouldn't you apply some after you've made the connection and secured the nut? I suppose this would be applying the grease 'over' the connection, not in between it.

I'm not a electrician by any stretch, so if the question comes across ridiculous I apologize.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:34 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
At what point do you put the dielectric grease on them? Do you brush them up, put the grease on them, and then reconnect?

I'd like to do whatever I can to make sure the problem doesn't come up.
A unique, non-curing compound used for sealing, protecting and electrical insulating. It is an insulator. so when would you put it on??

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:23 PM   #23

[QUOTE=Jopopsy;950868]So if the points are being corroded, hence the low voltage, why wouldn't you apply some after you've made the connection and secured the nut? I suppose this would be applying the grease 'over' the connection, not in between it.

Yes, you are correct.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:15 PM   #24

Check the ground wire on the leveler pump underneath the coach. If it's broken you can get a replacement at an auto parts store. Take the broken one with you. I had the same issue, also far from home. I bet that's your problem.
Keith955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS323 View Post
New 21 greyhawk have put 7000 miles on with only problem being service advance trac. Got to our destination yesterday and auto leveler says low voltage. Have problem with step operating properly and the radio turned off a couple of times. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
We have a 2021 Greyhawk also. Only used it a couple or three times since we bought it in October. Have it in now at Camping World for a recall on the leveling jacks. Also having refrigerator checked out. It will run on shore power but not on propane.
Pastorlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:37 PM   #26

Jacks, steps and radio intermittent problems

I had the same issue on my Seneca. On my 2018 Seneca their is a breaker On Truck batteries. Does not look like a breaker I’ve ever seen but it was there and a mobile technician noticed it had tripped, he reset and this fixed my intermittent problem with my steps, radio and levelers and alarms.
Nogara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS323 View Post
New 21 greyhawk have put 7000 miles on with only problem being service advance trac. Got to our destination yesterday and auto leveler says low voltage. Have problem with step operating properly and the radio turned off a couple of times. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I have a 2015 jayco Gray hawk and the issue that I had with a low voltage and the hydraulics resulted in having to remove the panel and disconnecting it at the control.

Unplug the harness in the back of the stabilizes and reconnect them 30 seconds later assuring that you have at least 12.2 or 12.4 volts.

That has always resolved my issue if I had returned to my rig with a low batteries and a levelers down.

Good luck.
chevyman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:51 PM   #28

Low voltage

I had the same problem last month.
Low voltage at battery due to a defective converter on my 2015 grayhawk .
If the converter is bad you can run truck motor and all 12 volt stuff should work.
greyhawktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:53 PM   #29

Same Problem

We had the same problem a couple of months ago only we couldn't raise our jacks due to low voltage. The problem for us was a loose wire in the house battery compartment and the battery needed some distilled water. Once we tightened down the wire (I think it was the ground wire) and added the water we were fine. The battery display was showing 13 volts so we couldn't understand why we had a low voltage error, but once we put a voltmeter on it, it was actually quite a bit lower. We didn't carry a voltmeter with us before that... we do now. I hope this makes sense. We had to call a mobile RV repair person because we had no idea what was going on. We learn something new on this RV every day we use it.

We have a 2021 Greyhawk 27U.
lesrunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:30 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastorlarry View Post
We have a 2021 Greyhawk also. Only used it a couple or three times since we bought it in October. Have it in now at Camping World for a recall on the leveling jacks. Also having refrigerator checked out. It will run on shore power but not on propane.

Pastorlarry--about your fridge, have you heard of the stove trick? If your fridge runs ok otherwise just not on propane, you light one of your stove burners & let it run for a minute or two, low flame is fine. Something about this pulling propane up, then the fridge should work. Has worked for me several times now. Good luck with the leveler recall. My 2018 Greyhawk 29MVP has been at RV Country for more than 2 months, still nothing done
Old 04-04-2021, 05:54 AM   #31

Our 2016 Alante had the same issues. The jacks would retract when the engine was turned off and the second morning we owned it, the leveling control panel was showing the low voltage light. Luckily, we already had a service appointment to fix things found on the walk-through. The service manager said he spent an hour on the phone with Lippert and found that there were some crossed wires causing both problems. We have not had the SAME problems since.
Yamaha XT250
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:27 AM   #32

Preventive maintenance is always part of owning an RV.

Don't wait for an issue that could be prevented by normal PM.

Wiring connections and grounds should be checked every 6 months and necessary maintenance done, especially in parts of the country with harsher humidity and weather conditions.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:03 PM   #33

I swear every one of these RV's is wired different. I have a 2012 31SS Greyhawk and the levelers operate off of the house battery and if it's low they will not work. If the battery is charged, they work fine. At least on mine I do not have to have the engine running, or the parking brake on for the levelers to work. I know lots of people say on theirs they don't. When I raise and lower the levelers and/or the slide, I always have it connected to shore power when possible, or have the generator running just to save wasting battery. Both of those take a lot of juice out of the battery and if you are relying on that for dry camping you want to conserve battery as much as possible.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:49 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
I don't want to jinx it, but I had but one bad problem. Largely intermittent operation, panel beeping, going nutz.

Exchanged emails w/ excellent tech support person. He stopped me from doing something dumb, patiently helped me find and check the ground.

That was the problem - bad ground connection to frame.
I had exactly the same issue with my 2016 Seneca. It was very frustrating. Finally found a bad ground.
johnboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:41 PM   #35

If you are having problems with your steps also they run off the your engine battery. Might be your battery is having issues. I know my steps will not work if my battery is low and needs a charge. And your radio also runs off your chassis battery. So check and make sure that battery is charged up first.....
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low voltage