Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2021, 01:46 PM   #21

Logic is MID-gage= normal, LEFT OF CENTER= low, RIGHT= high? = QUICK VISUALS
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 01:53 PM   #22

I had the same issue. RV battery was defective. Replaced battery. No more issues. It was a new battery with a 2021 coach. No name brand.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:52 PM   #23

Put a volt meter on house battery as well as engine. The levelers are drawing from house problem. Fully charged with shore power no indication of low voltage. Also by hooking up shore power before operating levelers overcomes problem. Had the house battery checked under load and it read Bad Battery. Guessing this is why I was getting the warning low voltage

New question. My rig came with one 12 volt battery. Is there an advantage to replacing it with 2 6 volt batteries hooked in series?
Djoannides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:50 PM   #24

re: two six-volt in series vs 1-12v battery: If you ONLY camp w/ shore power, the 6-volt are no advantage and cost double; if you Boondock and HAVE ROOM, it give 30-40% more AH, I believe? (NOTE: NOT double AH) (Mine has no space for two 6-volt, and I do not boondock much, and just crank onboard GEN if needed)
Old 11-14-2021, 05:52 AM   #25

If you mostly use shore power, I would stay with a 12 volt. I installed a longer 12volt with more power. There is so many fuses and wires in my battery box, it would have been a real headache to put 2 batteries in. I did have to remove the bottom divider in the box.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:22 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenne1713 View Post
MANY RV leveler circuits AUTO RETRACT when IGN=ON? to PREVENT drive-off damage. Maybe (some) only Auto-retract if Parking Brake NOT set?
Mine retracts when engine running and you put transmission in gear. I accidentally did this in the yard. They come up fast!
Old 11-14-2021, 02:24 PM   #27

We have exactly the same problem on our 2021 Greyhawk 27U. It is very hard to explain, let alone recreate, at the service center. I tested our 2 (new) house batteries with a voltmeter recently and got 12.5 and 12.8 on them. We never know when leaving an RV park if our jacks are going to retract fully or not. There are other threads about this problem and someone suggested raising and lowering several times to get the errant jack to stay up. Inevitably that works but sometimes it takes quite a few tries. It's frustrating.
lesrunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 03:05 PM   #28

(I would expect, but maybe wrong?) Jacks on HOUSE Battery/ies; 9-volt (=almost zero charge) on dash was chassis battery and indicates bad battery or not charging? Jacks should "auto-retract" if parking brake Released? COMMON TRAILER JACK MISTAKE is lowering rear jacks, then trying to lift hitch to uncouple, which puts jack trying to lift 100% of trailer weight off the ground? Motorhome should ALWAYS PARK FACING DOWNHILL, and lift ONLY front to level and lower REAR jacks ONLY to STABILIZE ROCKING. coach battery SHOULD CHARGE when engine running, and DEAD/LOW battery on chassis SHOULD BOOST off charged batteries in coach. BAD BATTERIES will NOT charge properly.
Old 11-14-2021, 03:24 PM   #29

(Most) RV JACKS RETRACT USING SPRINGS VS HYDRAULICS? R yours not this style?
They simply BLEED fluid back to reservoir by hydraulic solenoid, no pump required. If not properly retracting, = 3x possibilities= spring missing? HYD solenoid bad? BENT jack? If you try to lift rear wheel, you lose parking brake, and RIG can then bend a jack falling over.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
I had the same issue. RV battery was defective. Replaced battery. No more issues. It was a new battery with a 2021 coach. No name brand.
Did Entegra cover it under warranty
Old 11-19-2021, 07:04 AM   #31

On my Redhawk the power to the levelers come directly from the house battery. Seeing the 9 volts on vehicle battery seems to me to indicate you may have a battery problem or your alternator output is not charging like it should. The levelers should not be operated unless you have a fully charged house battery or you are on shore power which allows the converter to keep the house battery charged. Same thing goes for the slideouts as well. I keep the house battery charged with a even when the RV is parked at home and for this reason and I paid a hefty sum for a new 100 AH deep cycle AGM battery which has loads of power
xmtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:29 PM   #32

Had my house battery checked under load and it’s bad. Spoke to Entegra and the said the batteries are covered by the supplier. They have an 18 month warranty from the date stamp on the battery. Have to check the date as we got the rig in July 2020

It’s works when connected to shore power with a fully charged battery l
Old 11-21-2021, 10:41 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoannides View Post
Had my house battery checked under load and it’s bad. Spoke to Entegra and the said the batteries are covered by the supplier. They have an 18 month warranty from the date stamp on the battery. Have to check the date as we got the rig in July 2020

It’s works when connected to shore power with a fully charged battery l
Ya...that was mentioned as probably the issue in the 1st couple posts

Get a volt tester like we suggested

Good luck in the future
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 12:13 PM   #34

Got a volt tester And the voltage was fine after a full charge. Problem is under load which requires someomore than a volt meter. Problem is probably a bad cell shorting out under load
Old 11-21-2021, 01:02 PM   #35

Glad you got it fixed. As I said in my earlier reply, I had same issue along with random carbon monoxide/propane detector alarms. Unplugged from shore power and immediate testing of battery will show good battery. Dealer left mine unplugged over night and battery was dead next morning. New battery under warranty and good to go. Seem to recall Stavman writing "Batteries neva a warranty item, alternator is" That's 2 batteries under warranty from this post. Goes to show you don't know what you don't know.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 07:44 PM   #36

Harris batteries is the warranty company