Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2017, 10:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed4ster View Post
I dropped our rig off at our local Freightliner service center to have a oil leak repaired and to look at our bayonet bushing on the sway bar. Freightliner agreed to upgrade the sway bay system per the 32-47 Service Bulletin.

Also asked them for an estimate to install an air-dryer. They gave me a verbal price $2,500 without tax. With a statement it could cost more or less. I am not one to feel to fuzzy on the verbal quote since it's my money being spent.

I had also contacted another service center a couple of hrs away for an estimate, they came in with $2,260.00 including tax. I will most likely go with this one since it is on paper without any fuzz!

regards

ed
Would be interesting where they place yours, they put mine in front of the right front tire tight to the bumper.
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:40 PM   #22

While getting the Allison reprogrammed I had the tech look at the sway bar and he said that this current setup looks kind of wimpy for this set up. I then showed him the service bulletin and he said it would be covered so I had them order the parts. Also asked for a quote on an air dryer which I will have them do at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:18 AM   #23

I am going in for first my Freightliner service soon. I noticed that TSB 32-47 is dated September 2010. Is this still valid or have they incorporated the the change/improvement into the vehicle build in the 7 years since this was published?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:21 AM   #24

This appears to be still valid. The dealer I went to has ordered the parts and is going to be doing it under Warrantee. You might want to discuss with them first. Maybe they can pre order the parts but most likely they will make you bring it in and then order the parts.

RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:11 PM   #25

Just had new sway bar bushings, clevis style, per service bulletin 32-47 installed on my 2015 37FS. Also added upgraded Bilstein shocks. The service bulletin was covered under the Freightliner warranty.

-Jim
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0787.jpg   IMG_0788.jpg   IMG_0789.jpg  
Jfoppiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:01 PM   #26

Jim (Jfoppiano), what part number Bilstiens did you have installed and where did you procure them? The only ones that I was aware of are way overpriced and apparently only available through one dealer.
Thanks
Sorry about hijack of thread.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #27

Hi Walt,

I purchased the Bilstein 24-196208 shocks from PBS Truck Parts out of South Bend Indiana 800-282-1044. This is the same location that Robbbyr recommended. I talked to Amy McDonald. She was telling me that this particular part number is associated with a 13000lb axle for the M2 106 chassis. The same shock with different internal valve settings is available for other axle weights. You may wish to talk to her about the details.

-Jim
Old 10-29-2017, 10:17 AM   #28

Jim, thanks. I was hoping you found more competitive pricing.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:40 PM   #29

Wow, just read these post and i thought I felt something on a ramp (clover leaf ) coming home from a local trip, I will be inspecting these tomorrow and I will have them changed by my local Freightliner facility . Thanks for the post
Seneca Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:45 PM   #30

Agreed, Thanks Colombo for the OP.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca Jayco View Post
Wow, just read these post and i thought I felt something on a ramp (clover leaf ) coming home from a local trip, I will be inspecting Enders replaced these tomorrow and I will have them changed by my local Freightliner facility . Thanks for the post

Also have your fuel tank level senders replaced while it's in for the sway bar clevis upgrade. Both were warranty items on my 2016 HJ. Third must have mod is the performance shift schedule flash to your Allison TCM.

Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:28 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossingover View Post
Also have your fuel tank level senders replaced while it's in for the sway bar clevis upgrade. Both were warranty items on my 2016 HJ. Third must have mod is the performance shift schedule flash to your Allison TCM.

Is there any Freightliner documentation (ie. service bulletin) for replacing the fuel tank level senders? I can live with the horrible senders I have but if Freightliner will replace under warranty, I will take them up on it.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:33 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
Is there any Freightliner documentation (ie. service bulletin) for replacing the fuel tank level senders? I can live with the horrible senders I have but if Freightliner will replace under warranty, I will take them up on it.

I'll let you know after I pick it up from the shop tmrw.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:27 AM   #34

Quote:
I'll let you know after I pick it up from the shop tmrw.

There is no service bulletin; so you just need to tell them about the inaccurate gauge behavior. The new senders have a different float arrangement but I'm not yet sure it's an improvement. Yesterday started a 160 mile trip to a park with full tanks and when we arrived at the camp site, the fuel gauge was at half. We average 9.x MPG so I know we didn't come close to using a half tank (35 gals). This assumes each of the gauge hash marks represents a quarter tank increment which may be wrong. So the trip odometer is still my best fuel gauge.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:03 AM   #35

Quote:
There is no service bulletin; so you just need to tell them about the inaccurate gauge behavior. The new senders have a different float arrangement but I'm not yet sure it's an improvement. Yesterday started a 160 mile trip to a park with full tanks and when we arrived at the camp site, the fuel gauge was at half. We average 9.x MPG so I know we didn't come close to using a half tank (35 gals). This assumes each of the gauge hash marks represents a quarter tank increment which may be wrong. So the trip odometer is still my best fuel gauge.

Thanks for the update. I'll probably just stick with what I have and rely on my ScanGauge. I always plan my fill-ups between 400-450 miles.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:43 PM   #36

I just had the SB 32-47 completed under warranty and it made a lot of difference on front end sway, like when turning into a driveway at slow speed. If you can it this done under warranty I highly recommend having it done.

ohiocamp
2016 Seneca HJ
ohiocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #37

I see the Service Bulletin was dated 2010, so was this issue corrected in later models? I have a 2016 model and wondering if I need to have this looked at at the Frightener dealer?
Fishman417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:14 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman417 View Post
I see the Service Bulletin was dated 2010, so was this issue corrected in later models? I have a 2016 model and wondering if I need to have this looked at at the Frightener dealer?
Yes, even some 2018 units apparently still have the old style.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #39

Thanks
Fishman417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #40

Seneca, front sway bar bushings

Thanks for info concerning the front sway bar, new to forum, read this last night, just got back from storage checking the sway bar, bad bushing, and will be making trip to freightliner for repairs before we leave for Florida in a month.
H.Dean is offline   Reply With Quote