Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2015, 10:38 AM   #1

Magnadyne M1-LCD died

So on the first trip, the DVD player started acting up a little. On the second trip, the cameras started flickering on and odd. Now, it won't even power on.

I have power and a good ground going to the unit. Fuses are good. I tried the reset button. It seems the radio may be toast.

Long shot, but any ideas on a simple fix?

Anyone with the M3 or M4 unit that can compare it to the M1? I could care less about the Nav as I thought the built in sucked so I use my Garmin and I can stream my satellite radio from my phone. However, I (meaning my wife) need the backup cameras and the kids need the DVD player.
Wertles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:32 PM   #2

Quick update. I called Magnadyne directly. I am sending it to them. If they can fix it they will. Otherwise I will be buying a refurbished M3-LCD. That model does not have Nav but does add Bluetooth. Even the sales guy said don't spend another $200 for the Nav. The Garmin does a much better job.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:55 AM   #3

Final update. The radio was not fixable. Had to buy a new unit. I bought a factory refurb M3-LCD for $299. It does not have the nav unit (which sucked and I didn't want anyway) but it does have Bluetooth for cell phone operation.

Install was straight forward but the orange wire to signal the parking brake for DVD was in a different position in the wiring harness so that needed to be switched. I actually hooked it up to the factory ground so now I get DVD on the screen even while driving.

The last advantage of the M3 over the M1 is that the turn signal cameras are almost instant on compared to a 3 second delay with the M1. Now if only I can figure out how to stop the camera feed from showing up on the TV that would be awesome but I assume that's an internal issue that I won't be attempting.