Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #1

Manual air bag dump system up date

First thing I found out two valve's are not needed. Just put in an additional tee off the valve and it will work. I had thought to drop unit quicker it would take one valve on each air bag but, the single valve with the exhaust set to 50% drops the unit flat in about a 65 seconds. The valve part number is 2w-160-10 from E bay. It is rated at 142 psi so within our requirements. The manual dump valve part number 511.010 is from Northwest RV supply (Oregon). The little chain on the exhaust is just in case it vibrates loose as the jamb nut on these are not very big. I ground the under coat off to provide a better ground then just coated it for rust prevention. Not a very big investment that may help level the unit easier and reduce stress on the body. Hope this helps,gord
Attached Thumbnails
frame shot (2).JPG   dash shot (2).JPG   install shot (2).JPG   bench shot (2).JPG  
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:16 PM   #2

My 2014 Seneca has a level control valve for each side. By tying them together will you not now allow air to go from one side to the other causing more sway on corners?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Dananu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dananu View Post
My 2014 Seneca has a level control valve for each side. By tying them together will you not now allow air to go from one side to the other causing more sway on corners?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I was wondering the same thing. I am wondering if they changed the suspension plumbing on the newer units with air brakes?
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:32 PM   #4

I am running my regular trip into the Rockies on Wednesday, will monitor the leveling system as it is tied together at the valve it may affect the ride(sway) or height of the chassis. But do have second valve all ready to go if needed to maintain the independence of the rear suspension, will get it figured out, getting closer to achieving the solution we are looking for. Will update results.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:01 AM   #5

Just curious how your single valve ended up doing? Did you have any issues with the auto-leveling between bags? Anything you would have done differently?
Old 02-21-2018, 02:51 PM   #6

I agree with Rob . I have a 2017 seneca and l put 2 on mine. Will dump in maybe 10 seconds. I would think tying them together will back feed to each air bag making them equal.
Abe padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe padgett View Post
I agree with Rob . I have a 2017 seneca and l put 2 on mine. Will dump in maybe 10 seconds. I would think tying them together will back feed to each air bag making them equal.
Would love to see any photos of your configuration!
Old 02-21-2018, 06:32 PM   #8

All I did was install a T between the level control and the air bag connected to 2 air solenoids controlled with a momentary push button switch located at the dashboard.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis02 View Post
Just curious how your single valve ended up doing? Did you have any issues with the auto-leveling between bags? Anything you would have done differently?
I put the second valve in after returning from my trip. I did not notice any adverse handling with one valve but did not encounter any serious crosswinds either. Installed it for peace of mind and to allow the rear air bags to function independent of each other like it came from the factory. They work very well, the only thing I would have done different is to install them sooner, I believe by having these and being able to dump the rear air bags, it is easier levelling the coach and less stress on the chassis. They are activated by a momentary switch that only powers up when the key is off to prevent an accidental dump while moving. Also when starting unit up it lifts off the jacks when suspension is aired up preventing that lurch, then retract jacks and on the road again.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:28 PM   #10

Hi ready2retire&drive.

Can you tell me the part number of the switch that you used.

Thanks,
jim
jxn2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:37 PM   #11

Jim: I was going to use the rocker switch but I didn’t have a knockout to cut the switch in,so I used a push button starter switch. I mounted the switch vertical to the brake monitor light for my toad braking system,
Old 02-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxn2083 View Post
Hi ready2retire&drive.

Can you tell me the part number of the switch that you used.

Thanks,
jim
I ordered it from Northwest RV supply in Eugene OR. If you punch in air dump switch in their search bar it will give you some options. I would have to wait till I get my unit out of storage to explain how I wired it. I got the know how to wire it in from one of our forum members, they would probably have that info still. Unlike the lucky ones that can use and work one their unit's year round up here we still have two months of snow and cold weather before we can even pull them out of storage. I get to make a list of what I would like to do and get only a short time to accomplish some of them between camping trips and by late October back into hibernation. So much to do and so little time.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:16 PM   #13

The wife and I are home after 7 weeks of the south and am ready for air suspension bag dump solenoids! Are they to be installed in the short tubing between the leveling valve and bag on both sides??
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #14

Yup the t-fittings are a push in and lock. Put in one for each side and solenoid for each side also. I believe some members have tried to run 2 manual valves to an accessible location rather than install more wiring but have not heard yet on these results. You may want to shout out and see if anybody has done the manual valve route yet.