Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #1

Manual Stablizer jacks???

I just purchased a 2018 Redhawk 26xd and I notice it moves around when we walk inside. I was wandering if anyone uses something easy and cheap lol such as scissor jacks etc to help with this problem.
I may invest in a leveling system but it will have to be a couple years down the road just looking for a quick help fix I guess.
ninjafreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:00 PM   #2

Jacks

I have a 2017 Redhawk 23X2. I fabricated heavy duty gusseted angle brackets to fit the mounting brackets for the optional hydraulic levelers( gussets in the middle, clearing all the hardware) Then I bolted on 2 1/2 ton scissor jacks (4) from harbor freight. The angle brackets eliminated having to drill the frame, and placed the jacks more outboard. Makes leveling a breeze. (after driving up on the appropriate blocks, my RV sits 3 to 4 inches low in the front on levelish ground).I would eyeball everything for clearance issues, Your Rig being a 26 footer. Later, Jay
jott56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #3

Angle Brackets

I added my first set while I was still working. I had access to aluminum stock and a welder to weld heavy aluminum. Note that I had to use half width nuts due to the stud length. Used lock washers, red loc-tite, and staked the ends of the studs with a punch. Just to be sure. lol

For the second set I scrounged some 3/8 inch thick slotted angle iron and welded a 1/4 thick steel plate to them with my small home welder. Used nyloc nuts and red loc-tite on all hardware. Hope these ideas help some one out there add stability without the high cost of hydraulic levelers.

later, Jay
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170824_125848773.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	34286

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170824_130003645.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	34287
jott56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #4

Thanks for the pics this is the same idea I had of mounting them.
Appreciate it Think I'm gonna give it a try.
ninjafreek is offline   Reply With Quote