Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2015, 11:51 PM   #1

Mattress Rave!!

We all know the Denver mattress used in our late Greyhawks is horrible. I added a nice quality topper, which did make it better. After several nights of restless sleep though, we decided to make a change.

Ended up putting the Sleep Number short queen non radius cut in our GH, and I must say it is fabulous!! It takes up a little more space with the non radius cut, but the storage area under the bed was perfect for the air pump location and we couldn't be happier. Almost would rather sleep in the coach at home now...

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS
Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #2

Did the same thing ! Denver mattresses are garbage.
2012 Jayco Skylark (SOLD)
adaigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:36 AM   #3

Sleep Number RV Premier Bed - Radius Cut, King for me. The best money I ever spent. I have had it almost 5 years.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
Sleep Number RV Premier Bed - Radius Cut, King for me. The best money I ever spent. I have had it almost 5 years.
Now wait a minute, Ed. I just read another comment by you regarding the Titan 52 gallon tank and you said THAT was the best money you ever spent. So which is it?

LOL

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:02 AM   #5

I guess I spend my best money more than once. But, I absolutely love my Sleep Number AND the Titan tank.

Oh well!

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 07-23-2015, 05:05 AM   #6

Quote:
I guess I spend my best money more than once. But, I absolutely love my Sleep Number AND the Titan tank.

Oh well!
Just funning' with you bud. I use that expression all the time myself.

Now back to the thread, we have the Serenia Sleep 8-inch foam mattress and love it.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:52 AM   #7

All this talk about the Denver mattress being junk is seriously make me consider putting the 1 year old mattress from my Winnie into my new Jayco. Its not a radius cut though; I'm going to have to measure on Saturday before I roll away.
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
Just funning' with you bud. I use that expression all the time myself.

Now back to the thread, we have the Serenia Sleep 8-inch foam mattress and love it.
Hey Mike, glad to hear you like the Serenia Sleep 8 inch memory foam mattress. We are looking at getting one of those to upgrade ours. Anyone else have experience with the Serenia?????

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:47 AM   #9

Can't switch. My Winnie has a regular queen, the 29MV is a short queen. Hopefully I can get this season out of the Denver.
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #10

The mattress in our bedroom must be lousy and we don't even realize it. Both my wife an I think the Denver mattress in our 31FK is very comfortable! It is only a few months old. We'll see what happens later down the road.
Greyhawk Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhawk Pilot View Post
The mattress in our bedroom must be lousy and we don't even realize it. Both my wife an I think the Denver mattress in our 31FK is very comfortable! It is only a few months old. We'll see what happens later down the road.
X2

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:20 AM   #12

My wife didn't mind the Denver as much, though she is 145lbs. I am far from that, and could feel the wood beneath the mattress.

During research, I also found that most mattress companies will have any mattress chosen tailored to fit your coach, for roughly the same $. The wait will certainly be longer though.

Putting the Sleep Number together made me feel as though we were being ripped off. Seemed like a fancy air bed (which I guess it really is), but the thing sleeps so nice!!

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS
Old 07-24-2015, 04:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedown St. View Post
My wife didn't mind the Denver as much, though she is 145lbs. I am far from that, and could feel the wood beneath the mattress.

During research, I also found that most mattress companies will have any mattress chosen tailored to fit your coach, for roughly the same $. The wait will certainly be longer though.

Putting the Sleep Number together made me feel as though we were being ripped off. Seemed like a fancy air bed (which I guess it really is), but the thing sleeps so nice!!
And how easy it is to get the Sleep Number King into the bedroom since it goes in in pieces. Not to mentioned it is not that heavy. I priced a custom traditional mattress as a replacement for the OEM one I had. The price wasn't the problem, it was the weight. It weighed 92 pounds. I really didn't want that much more weight in the front of my 5'er adding to pin weight and I had no idea if I could wrestle it into the bedroom either.

Extremely happy with my Sleep Number.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #14

Quote:
And how easy it is to get the Sleep Number King into the bedroom since it goes in in pieces. Not to mentioned it is not that heavy. I priced a custom traditional mattress as a replacement for the OEM one I had. The price wasn't the problem, it was the weight. It weighed 92 pounds. I really didn't want that much more weight in the front of my 5'er adding to pin weight and I had no idea if I could wrestle it into the bedroom either.

Extremely happy with my Sleep Number.

You definitely have a point there. Weight is always a consideration!!!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #15

I was wondering about your Serenia also. I would never ever again try a sleep number, as we bought one for our house and it is gone... Nothing more than a fancy air mattress with foam on top for way too much money.. Don't get me going, LOL. Glad you folks here are having better luck. Anyway we added a 2 in. memory foam on top of the Denver mattress that we had from our last trailer and it is getting a little soft so we are thinking of replacing our mattress also. How long have you had the Serenia and is it "sinking" - can you see where you lay? Thanks in advance.

Deb, Dan & Missy (mixed breed rescue dog)
2015 Eagle Touring 28.5RKDS
1995 Ford Diesel
LoveCamping58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
Hey Mike, glad to hear you like the Serenia Sleep 8 inch memory foam mattress. We are looking at getting one of those to upgrade ours. Anyone else have experience with the Serenia?????
My bad... I should have said "we HAD" the Serenia. Since it was a queen, we removed it before we sold our 2014 27.5BHS. The new rig has a king bed and so far, I am still using the Denver with the pillow top. It's not bad but I'm planning to get another Serenia to replace it. Just got higher priority things I'm funding right now and money is the gating factor.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:19 AM   #17

Hate to be crass, what would I be looking at $$$ wise? Got a sleep number at home and love it, I know the Denver in our 24FSB is going to have a short life, just getting other priorities done first.
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:02 PM   #18

Looks like the sleep number is $1400 bucks!!!
2 x Golden Retrievers
dangerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #19
Site Team

We are negotiating to get a Sleep Number RV King 72x80 Premier for our camper. The price from the sleep number store is 1780.00. They beat CW's price by less than $100 bucks.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:57 PM   #20

FYI: The 2016 Greyhawks don't come with a Denver mattress! It is a no-name that is not too bad. We have a latex natural foam rubber mattress that we had made for our last MH. If the new mattress that came with the Greyhawk doesn't hold up, I will replace with the latex foam rubber (not memory). You can search for latex natural foam rubber online if you are interested. I had a cover made for the short queen one and the total cost was way less than memory foam or sleep number. Our latex natural foam rubber mattess at home is a Sterns & Foster purchased at Macy's with a 30 year warranty!! You can get various degrees of firmness. I had the short queen RV mattress custom made for about $500 plus shipping from a place in CT. Buy from a manufacturer near you to save on shipping or so you can check it out in person. Everybody has their own preferences when it comes to matresses. This is another option to check out.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote