Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #1

Question MaxAirII vent installation on 31FS

I have attempted to install a maxair2 vent cover on my bathroom exhaust fan. I did not realize until after drilling 4 holes in one side that the instructions only recommend one bolt per bracket. So I will get a couple more SS bolt sets. It seems like a flimsy installation with only 4 recommended connections to the vent..

On the bedroom vent, it is the automatic fan with a thermostat control. to drill the holes for it, they will have to be higher towards the top edge of the vent.

Has anyone installed these on a 31FS or similiar vents? Any info I need to know?
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #2

I have a 31DS and installed a Maxair 850 on the bedroom vent fan. I noticed it said "Fantastic fan" and went to Maxair's website to look for a cover and the 850 was recommended for the fantastic fan. The only thing I had to do was relocate the rubber stopper a little bit higher when installing the bracket. The instructions did mention that you may have to move it. The bracketts that came with the 850 had a spot for 2 screws each to mount to the side of the fan case and an additional screw if you wanted to screw it to the roof. I did not screw it to the roof. Mine feels flimsy but I recently came back from a trip and had no issues with it. It is still attached.
Troy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #3

Nice. This alternate instruction sheet tells me I have a "high powered" ceiling fan on my bathroom. It would have been nice to have this sheet befor drilling the 3/16" holes for the bolts, when 3/32" holes for the self tapping screws would have made this installation easy and I would be done with it...

The fan I have in the bedroom is a little different, but self tapping screws will make it easier to install and should work. If these fans ever break, I am replacing them with the max air units..
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote