Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2021, 10:47 PM   #1

Maxxair

Hello,
Which model of Maxxair would you recommend to buy?
How hard is it to install on Redhawk 24B?
Where do I find power to hook it up to?

Thank you
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:51 AM   #2

I had the Maxxair 2 model installed on both of my roof vents on our redhawk 29xk. They work great to keep water out if you want to have your vents open and also great thru coach ventilation to leave one vent open while driving.
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 06:11 AM   #3

Different model but I installed the MaxxAire 7500 in my bathroom as a replacement for the cheap factory fan. If you are replacing an existing fan the power will be there already. If not you will need to pull power from the closest source. Just be sure that it isn't a switched circuit. The vent holes in the roof are pretty much standard 14 x 14 so it shouldn't be very hard to do.

I am getting ready to add a second fan in the bedroom of our trailer but I have to cut the opening. I'm building up the confidence I need to plunge that saw into my roof!!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco 24B View Post
Hello,
Which model of Maxxair would you recommend to buy?
How hard is it to install on Redhawk 24B?
Where do I find power to hook it up to?

Thank you
I replaced the stock bathroom fan with a Maxxair 7000K. Install was pretty straightforward with the most difficult part removing the dicor on the roof around the stock fan and cleaning the roof. Take your time as it's easy to tear the roof membrane. RV with Tito has a good video that I found helpful. Wiring the bathroom fan was easy as there is power going to that location. The only downside is you have the bathroom fan switch which you need to keep "ON".

I'm getting ready to replace the stock vent in the main cabin of the 24B that way I can get some nice ventilation in the main living area even if bathroom door is closed. That main living area vent is a little trickier as there isn't power going to that location (at least not on my 2021 24B). I was able to run some wires from the bathroom vent location.

After removing the flashing on the inside of the main cabin vent I noticed there was a small gap in the styrofoam insulation that ran in the direction of the bathroom (Ref IMAGE "A").

Using a stiff wire I was able to run it over to the bathroom vent. It was a little tricky as it isn't a straight shot and I had to fish the wire out on the bathroom end. (Ref IMAGE "B"). I ran two 14 Gauge wires between the two vents and have another Maxxair 7000K on order. I plan to just connect the new wires in with the existing wiring coming from the fan switch in the bathroom and power both fans from that switch.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
-Brian
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6779.jpg   IMG_6780.jpg  

2021 Jayco Redhawk 24B
Home Base: Colorado
Brian_HR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:03 PM   #5

This is exactly what I was looking for. I’m installing my fan in the bedroom area.
Thank you!
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:04 PM   #6

My only regret was I didn’t get the one with the remote control. The DW is too short to turn it on or off.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:55 PM   #7

I did the install of the second MaxxFan in the main living area of our Redhawk 24B. It was pretty straight forward and the first image shows the roof with the two MaxxFans. It provides a lot more airflow in the main living area and doesn't require us to keep the bathroom door open.

There was one issue with the mounting screws that attach the main fan unit to the mounting base. One one side there is a roof vent and it was positioned right in line with where you'd need to get a screw driver for the mounting hole. It was a real pain but finally was able to get it in with a small screw driver and a thumbwheel ratchet (ref Second Image). Not sure if that vent is located at the same location on all 24Bs but it was in exactly the wrong location for my install.

The only other tip I can give is to make sure you've pulled the electrical wires out of the fan unit before you install it. If you don't you can't access them. I found that out the hardware and had to remove the fan unit after I'd spent 15-20 minutes trying to get that darn screw in.

-Brian
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6820.jpg   IMG_6818.jpg  

2021 Jayco Redhawk 24B
Home Base: Colorado
Brian_HR is offline   Reply With Quote