Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2020, 05:55 PM   #1

Melbourne 2016 LED Taillight Failure

I have an LED taillight that has partially failed - the turn signal part works but the running light does not and the turn signal is not a bright as its opposite - probably since it is half working. Does anyone know where to get the internal LED part? No answer yet on a part number from Jayco Customer Service.

How to get the lens off? Seems I need to pry it off, breaking the chalking seal. There is no access from behind, except the wire going through the back wall.
krmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 06:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmorris View Post
I have an LED taillight that has partially failed - the turn signal part works but the running light does not and the turn signal is not a bright as its opposite - probably since it is half working. Does anyone know where to get the internal LED part? No answer yet on a part number from Jayco Customer Service.

How to get the lens off? Seems I need to pry it off, breaking the chalking seal. There is no access from behind, except the wire going through the back wall.

I had the same issue with my right rear assembly. Called Jayco and got the part number then had to call around to find an authorized dealer who could order it...Jayco will not sell to you. I’ll see if I can fin the part number but I’m on the road and my receipts for the order are at home.

As for removal, yes, you have to cut the caulk seal all the way around to remove the fixture. I pried the lens off the backing plate thinking I needed to keep the lens, however the new unit comes as a set...backing plate that contains the LEDs and the lens cover. All you have to do is plug it in, put 2 screws back in, and caulk around it to seal it. 5 minute job.
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:04 PM   #3

Thanks. I have two family type RV places close by and will check with them tomorrow. Hopefully Jayco comes through with the part number. If you do find the part number please post and I will do the same for others down the road.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:45 PM   #4

I don’t have the information on my computer...but if you call Jayco Motorized Customer Service @ 800.283.8267, wait the obligatory 10 mins, give them the last 8minute digits of you VIN#, they’ll give the part number right away.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmorris View Post
Thanks. I have two family type RV places close by and will check with them tomorrow. Hopefully Jayco comes through with the part number. If you do find the part number please post and I will do the same for others down the road.

Also, you can try this...it might work for you:
http://Www.jaycorvparts.com/catalog/...015catalog.pdf

Perhaps if you change the model year to yours...but it worked for my 2016.

Another address: www.jayco.com/site/contact/parts

Hope this helps
Old 08-31-2020, 01:58 PM   #6

They got back with a the part number and a picture.
2020-08-31_15-48-20.bmp
Old 09-03-2020, 10:03 PM   #7

On my 2013 van I get a message when the tail lights/brake light were out. Did you get an indication on the dash? Just wondering if that is an option on a chassis model Sprinter.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote