Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2020, 01:32 PM   #1

Melbourne 24k

I recently sold my 2008 Melbourne 26a and am thinking of going smaller and newer. It looks like the 24K meets some of our wish list items with the dinette bump out and rear bedroom. I assume things like stove, frig, will be smaller. It looks like it’ll have smaller generator and a single battery
Which concerns me as we tend to use batteries for the heater fan etc. Just looking for feedback re:experience with the 2019-2020 as its a substantial investment.
Cromagnon1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

If you're looking for a 24 footer, don't rule out the Redhawk 24B. Same layout as a Melbourne 24L.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:40 AM   #3

I would think twice about purchasing any Jayco product. I have a 2020 less than a month old and am already having problems.
PAL70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL70 View Post
I would think twice about purchasing any Jayco product. I have a 2020 less than a month old and am already having problems.

Welcome to the World owned by Thor...
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:23 PM   #5

Purchased our 2017 24K back in 2016. It's now 4 years old with 34,000 miles. We always tow our Jeep, and the mileage we get is excellent. We can't speak about the size of this versus what you had before, because it was a lot bigger. We've never owned anything very large. Of all the campers we've owned, and especially the last two smalls we had before this one, the efficiency of storage and room is excellent in our opinion. We travel big...gone two months at a time. The refrigerator is pretty large in our opinion (much bigger than the one in the Winnebago View). The storage, when packing reasonably, is very spacious inside and out. On the K, the back pass-through storage compartment is huge and easily accessible because of the three entrances to it. Ours has a solar panel, which does not come standard but for some reason ours had it anyway. Our generator and battery are adequate for short boondocking trips (3-4 days if we're conservative). We have been nothing but happy. You mentioned 2019/2020 - nothing much has changed since our 2017 except that some of the things we added on are now standard. We added slide awnings which are now standard and we feel are a must-have. The newer Melbourne has high-end steering controls which ours did not have and never can. We added auto levelers (worth the $3,500 we spent). And as far as Jayco, we've been nothing but pleased with their service. We'd buy another Jayco product in a heartbeat. And to the person complaining about their Jayco, nothing is ever perfect no matter what model, style or company - we've had experience with many. There will always be glitches at first...you just work them out and then enjoy the result.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
24k, 24l, melbourne