Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #1

Melbourne 29D

Well, picked up our new 29D last Thursday in Orlando and "started" home (620 miles). Walk-around went ok, I guess. Would have liked a little more detail on system operations. A few minor issues that were fixed. Drove to Daytona FL for our overniter. Set up the rig for total operation and went over with a fine tooth comb. Have two major issues...... went back to the dealer in the am. Won't go into the problems but the dealer has refered to Jayco for repair. This is going to be interesting. I'm about 1,000 from Ind.

One issue I wish I could get a straight answer on and needed help; I ordered and received an in-motion sat system. Reading all the Jayco info and system brochures, no where did I read that the system is automatically shut off with the rig in drive. I found this out during the walk through. I'm told it's the law. This is probably my biggest disapointment. I love the rig....... looks great. Everything works (except the in-motion). I'm not an electrican so if anyone has a fix, please let me know in simple terms.
Tom Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #2

Hey Tom, I guess my solution to your problem did not work. Did you check to see if Tv is plugged into a 120volt power cutoff device?
Old 06-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #3

It is pluged in. If you hold the remote up (real close) pointed down, it works. Bottom line: the fame is too high. It covers up the sensor on the tv. If I can get the frame off, I'm going to see if I can raise the tv some. Hate doing it. Would prefer a service man do it. Warrenty and all.

Quick lesson on Inverters: (I'm new to this) I don't know when the inventer SHOULD be turned on or off. I have a 30 amp plug on my house so the rig is connected while we work on getting ready and coach set up. Should the inventer by turned OFF while on shore power and ON if traveling, on generator or dry camping?
Tom Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote