Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2018, 05:40 AM   #1

Melbourne prestige slide out

I have a 2018 Melbourne Prestige 24L and when we slide the slide out out the wiring pops out under the slideout. I have had it to the dealer 3 times to get this fixed but it still has this problem, has anyone else had this problem
royphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by royphillips View Post
I have a 2018 Melbourne Prestige 24L and when we slide the slide out out the wiring pops out under the slideout. I have had it to the dealer 3 times to get this fixed but it still has this problem, has anyone else had this problem
Pictures??? If you could post a few pictures of the wiring it would help.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #3

We had the same problem with our 2018 24L. After adding tie wraps around the bundles and loosely strapping them together under the dinette, they do not protrude anymore when extending the slide. The challenge is to not strap them too tight, because they will stretch and break if done so.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:16 AM   #4

Thanks
Old 11-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #5

I had heard this problem exists in all the 24L. I hope Jayco comes out with a real solution so they can tell their dealers how to fix them
Old 11-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #6

I agree. Our biggest problem with our new Melbourne slide is with the lower, inner seal underneath the full side slide out. When climbing underneath and looking at this seal, there is a large gap along the entire seal into which I can see into the interior. This seal problem has allowed wind and dust to blow inside, and we very much look forward to having it repaired during a warranty appointment we have with the dealer. This seal is the most significant out of the other minor warranty issues and reflective of poor factory QA. I hope it is limited to our Melbourne and that others do not have the same problem.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #7

Thanks I will look at that seal before I take mine in for warranty work. I have to get the stereo speaker checked because I can’t fade frome the front to the back and visa versa so if you got people in the back it’s too loud for someone to sit back there. I think mine got rushed out because I have had a few issues on stuff being not finished l
Old 05-16-2020, 11:34 AM   #8

Design Flaw

I have an Entegra Qwest which is a Melborne Prestige with fancier paint. Made in the same factory and parts even say Melborne Prestige. The gap at the bottom is because the slider is flat but if you look at the walls of the RV they are not a flat plane but bend in at the bottom. After measuring and documenting this with photos I proposed a larger rubber seal at the bottom. They did not have one that size and so instead placed an additional seal opposite the one that was there. It did solve the problem. This was only after they played around trying to "adjust" the slider on more then one warranty visit. They also had to add an additional roller wheel although that was a related issue, but not the cause of the gap. The number of warranty issues we had to go through was rather disappointing although we do love our rig. We have now put about 20,000 miles on her.
Attached Thumbnails
20180731_104202.jpg   IMG_5989.jpg  
kayakkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:09 PM   #9

gap

It was hard to photograph when I was convincing Jayco of the issue. Even though it is an Entegra since Jayco built it and so the warranty work gets approved by them. You can see very clearly the gap and how it increases as you go down because of the inward slope of the walls. This is before they added the second rubber seal. The slider above that point fits perfectly because the wall is flat. It is that way on every single full wall slideout on every Qwest and Melbourne Prestige unit that I have seen and most people do not insist on getting this taken care of or do not even notice it. We go three season pushing towards four so rain and snow are considerations.
Attached Thumbnails
gap.jpg  
kayakkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:34 AM   #10

This question is only vaguely related to the OP but I'll ask anyway. We have a 2019 Qwest 24A. What if the slide-out gets stuck in the out position? Some RVs have a manual crank in case this happens but I don't see anything like that for our model.
Qwest Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:59 AM   #11

On mine there is no crank for the slide either. The dealer told me if the slide out ever quits we have to take a bolt out of the motor on the sides and push the slide in by hand and then rebolt them. I’m not sure if your is the same though. Looks like no fun so I hope it never happens. My slide out also has a thicker weather stripping at the bottom and we have never had any water leak in.
Old 02-07-2022, 09:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwest Colibri View Post
This question is only vaguely related to the OP but I'll ask anyway. We have a 2019 Qwest 24A. What if the slide-out gets stuck in the out position? Some RVs have a manual crank in case this happens but I don't see anything like that for our model.
You need to found out which slide out system you have and down load the manual. I have 3 slides and know how to manually move them in and out.
If this is your slide, then it’s a Schwintek slide. There is a way to bypass the controller to move the slide and you can also remove a screw in the motors to disengage the motors and push it in by hand.
Here is a Lippert Schwintek manual

http://www.rvtechlibrary.com/exterior/breezeslide.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
91CBB782-BD38-4199-8917-F5141FDD46FB.jpg  
Old 02-07-2022, 09:43 AM   #13

Thanks so much for the pointers! Do you know how to find out which slide out system one has? I didn't see anything about it in our ownership papers.
Qwest Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:13 AM   #14

I was amazed at the long gap to the outside when the slide is open on my 2021 24LP. Hurts heating and cooling big time. Curious about what your other warranty issues were with the Entegra.
bluztoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 12:51 PM   #15

I have a Melbourne supreme . I haven’t had any major warranty issues with ours just issues when we first got it because it seemed like it was rushed out of the factory. Like screws missing in drawers and no return line on the diesel generator. We had to also make the fade on the sound system work from the front to the back of the coach on ourselves because they said they couldn’t fix it because that how it had to be. You couldn’t adjust the volume lower on the back than the front but I got a local tech to fix that.
Old 02-07-2022, 04:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwest Colibri View Post
Thanks so much for the pointers! Do you know how to find out which slide out system one has? I didn't see anything about it in our ownership papers.
Take a pic of the side of the slide with it out. Should be able to see which one it is. Is it like the one in the pic I posted?