Jayco RV Owners Forum
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-19-2018, 08:54 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Western
Posts: 5
Melbourne right side tank dump

I've been looking at Sprinter based class Cs and the Melbourne 24L moved to the top of my list after seeing both it and a Thor Gemini in person. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the dump on the passenger side. I've never had a camper with this and wonder if it will grow to be a pain during trips. I can see the scenario now where there is a line to dump and I have to back all the way down. Am I overthinking it and is there an easier way? When you've done something the same way for so long sometimes it's hard to picture it another way.
__________________

Druder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 108
If you don't like it on the passenger side, then move it to the driver's side. It's only tubing.
__________________

Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:32 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Western
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
If you don't like it on the passenger side, then move it to the driver's side. It's only tubing.
I guess I figured if it were that easy they'd have done it themselves. I guess I would need to inspect it and see if that's possible.
Druder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
RVhiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,455
While checking the feasibility of rerouting the right side dump to the standard left side is a good idea, my suspicion is that moving it would be quite difficult, if not impossible. There may well be frame members or other obstructions in the way.

And I agree that having a dump on the wrong side is a significant problem.
__________________
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 7
Melbourne Dump

We have the Melbourne 24K and all utilities are on the same side - driver's side and very convenient. Give this unit a look.
Out4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:30 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Henry
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out4Fun View Post
We have the Melbourne 24K and all utilities are on the same side - driver's side and very convenient. Give this unit a look.
Same here. All mine are on the drivers side as well. What model did you see with them on the passenger side? Could it be one of the Australia models? The Australia models have the stylish cab over like the new premium USA Prestige Melbourne's.
__________________
2016 Melbourne 24K
2013 Sprinter crew cargo used for work and camper
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:47 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Western
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfflyer View Post
Same here. All mine are on the drivers side as well. What model did you see with them on the passenger side? Could it be one of the Australia models? The Australia models have the stylish cab over like the new premium USA Prestige Melbourne's.
It was a 24L, I checked out the interior at an RV show and then researched them when I got home because I absolutely loved the layout. It is actually hard to find info on the under storage but I found one Youtube video that did a tour and I'm fairly certain it was a US model. I really like the full side slide for multiple reasons, I'll be pulling a trailer and the rear slide would most likely mean I'd have to detach every stop which doesn't sound terrible until you do it dozens of times a year.
Druder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:57 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Henry
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druder View Post
It was a 24L, I checked out the interior at an RV show and then researched them when I got home because I absolutely loved the layout. It is actually hard to find info on the under storage but I found one Youtube video that did a tour and I'm fairly certain it was a US model. I really like the full side slide for multiple reasons, I'll be pulling a trailer and the rear slide would most likely mean I'd have to detach every stop which doesn't sound terrible until you do it dozens of times a year.
The rear slide is pretty high and maybe extends 2’ at the most. Depending on what you are pulling it shouldn’t be an issue. I understand going with the layout that works for you though.
__________________
2016 Melbourne 24K
2013 Sprinter crew cargo used for work and camper
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:13 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Western
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfflyer View Post
The rear slide is pretty high and maybe extends 2’ at the most. Depending on what you are pulling it shouldn’t be an issue. I understand going with the layout that works for you though.
It seems that every layout I like has one glaring issue, but that seems to be campers in general. I originally liked the rear slide out Thor Gemini with a sofa and no cabover bunk until I saw how much more open the full slide was. I felt kind of cramped walking to the bed with the rear slide, maybe that goes away but that was my first impression.
Druder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 66
Most favorite on our Melbourne: Good engine power, super smooth transmission.
Least favorite: Not enough outside storage space.
That said, we love it. Our is the 24M model, with the Murphy bed. We believe that small RVs dedicate too much space to a fixed-in-place bed, and the Murphy bed solves that.
We have put about 4,000 miles on it in seven months. We get 12-15 mpg, and we don't exceed 65. Wish I knew how others are getting 17.........
__________________

thirdktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.