Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2018, 10:17 PM   #1

Melbourne Sanitize Tanks - Where or How to Intake Bleach Water

I'm really puzzled where I would put the chlorinated water for my 2007 Melbourne 29D since the intake for the fresh water is a female hose attachment. I can't see anywhere to draw up the chlorinated water from a bucket unless it was under the coach where there are some tubes that hang down.

My coach has the dials you turn to intake city water, country water, etc... can someone tell me where to put the chlorinated water into the tank or how for this rig?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 9.25.36 PM.jpg  
Old 02-28-2018, 06:01 AM   #2

Some folks have a siphon arrangement to draw bleach in while filling the tank. I simply pour bleach in the water hose before connecting it to the fill port and then fill the tank. For a faster setup/breakdown, suggest simplifying your arrangement by installing hose quick connect fittings on all your hoses and rig ports. Happy trails!
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:13 AM   #3

If you have a whole house filter on the unit you can remove the filter and pour in a solution into this , reset it and the solution will be distributed when you add water.

You can also use a hose with a male fitting on it, not sure which of those is you water city water supply vs tank fill. You will need to reverse the screen on the inlet, set your valves to bypass ( or whatever it is called on your unit) put the hose into your solution and then turn the pump on.

There is a procedure in the manual, You can find your manual in the archives on the Jayco.com site. The winterization and sanitizing steps are quite long, too long to post here with specifics.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:36 AM   #4

Handy,
Most Jaycos without a gravity fill port come with a short (3' or so) section of reinforced hose with a male hose connection. The hose won't collapse under vacuum thereby allowing you to draw up bleach water sanitizing solution from a bucket with your onboard pump once the valves are placed in the proper orientation.

Some users have to turn the screen around in the fill connection to override the check valve behind the screen so the pump will "draw". I am lucky I don't, but you may need to flip your screen.

If you need a hose and fitting a local home improvement or hardware store should have what you need. Picture below of example fitting.
Attached Images

Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:41 PM   #5

Ditto on just putting the prescribed amount in a quart of water, dumping in the hose and filling from there. Then, use 12v pump to distribute from the tank to the rest of the coach (let it sit for a while in a full tank to refresh the tank first).
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #6

I made one from a hose I was getting ready to throw away. Cut off 3’ section with male end. Works great.
Roger
rogerthedodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Handy,
Most Jaycos without a gravity fill port come with a short (3' or so) section of reinforced hose with a male hose connection. The hose won't collapse under vacuum thereby allowing you to draw up bleach water sanitizing solution from a bucket with your onboard pump once the valves are placed in the proper orientation.

Some users have to turn the screen around in the fill connection to override the check valve behind the screen so the pump will "draw". I am lucky I don't, but you may need to flip your screen.

If you need a hose and fitting a local home improvement or hardware store should have what you need. Picture below of example fitting.
Thanks! I had no idea. I ended up putting the solution into the hose and pushing it in with water fill from city fixture. I'll keep this drawing procedure in mind!.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
Thanks! I had no idea. I ended up putting the solution into the hose and pushing it in with water fill from city fixture. I'll keep this drawing procedure in mind!.
Either works fine. Just to clarify, push the bleach into your storage tank, then fill it up. From there use your pump to distribute to your various faucets, otherwise, your bleach will just go "down the drain" so to speak.

Drawing the water in is how I winterize and you can pull your mixture right from the bucket into your faucets and switch your valve to suck some into your storage tank, but then again, fill the storage tank so that everything gets exposed to the bleach solution.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote