Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2018, 08:10 PM   #1

MH got a bath today!

Hot water spray rig...cleaned the roof, slide toppers and awning really good! Boy it looks new again. Ready for the next adventure.
Attached Thumbnails
E46B7320-0BA7-4378-996A-F6AFA9AE6FE6.jpeg   F1AD0E66-5573-43B0-9748-4F04D104655E.jpeg  
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:15 PM   #2

Lookin’ good !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Hot water spray rig...cleaned the roof, slide toppers and awning really good! Boy it looks new again. Ready for the next adventure.
That looks great Cabinetmaker. Looks like some big guys up on that roof.
Just noticed that your rear cargo door looks like it open out? Is that the new style? The 2016 MV lifts up so I made a rod to hold it open while getting items out. Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
That looks great Cabinetmaker. Looks like some big guys up on that roof.
Just noticed that your rear cargo door looks like it open out? Is that the new style? The 2016 MV lifts up so I made a rod to hold it open while getting items out. Jimmyd
Jimmy...yes the large side compartment doors on both sides at the rear open to the side. This was only available on the Prestige until 2019. Now I believe all Greyhawks have them.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Jimmy...yes the large side compartment doors on both sides at the rear open to the side. This was only available on the Prestige until 2019. Now I believe all Greyhawks have them.

I have a 2017 GreyHawk and the doors open to the side, as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4073.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	41932
Old 07-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #6

Looks like I may need a new coach
Also noticed it looks like both 17&18 have 2 AC’s up top? We live in Florida and this single AC runs a lot.
Our previous rig had 3-15,000 units up top and kept it too cold. Having a second unit would be a nice addition.
grapim, I see you are in Kingman. Are you near the Blake Ranch RV Park?Always a great stop on our travels to California. Easy in and out and the dogs like the dog park. Heading further Dow into Florida in the am to give this coach a good shakedown. Safe travels, Jimmyd
Old 07-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprapim View Post
I have a 2017 GreyHawk and the doors open to the side, as well. Attachment 41932
Could depend on model? Does drivers side door on the other side at back also open to the side? Both of them do on ours and I think it’s standard now.

I like your tow vehicle! We are Jeepers too.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Also noticed it looks like both 17&18 have 2 AC’s up top? We live in Florida and this single AC runs a lot.
Our previous rig had 3-15,000 units up top and kept it too cold. Having a second unit would be a nice addition.
grapim, I see you are in Kingman. Are you near the Blake Ranch RV Park?Always a great stop on our travels to California. Easy in and out and the dogs like the dog park. Heading further Dow into Florida in the am to give this coach a good shakedown. Safe travels, Jimmyd
Jimmy...we like Florida. My son just got back from Disney. Took his boys down there. He said they had a great time but it was hot! And crowded. Cost a small fortune!

We’re heading to Colorado for some cooler weather. Come on up and join us! You won’t need 2 air conditioners...maybe run the furnace in the mornings. Do a little trout fishing.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #9

Cabinetmaker, we have had homes here in Florida for 32 years and it is hot. Tell your son if he goes to Disney the last week of August that he could almost walk right onto any ride. Used to bring the kids down from southern N. J. That time of year while all the Florida kids were back in school.
Colorado sounds great this time of year. Keep an eye on those fires. It’s another bad year out west.
Safe travels and hope to cross paths soon. Jimmyd
Old 07-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #10

Quote:

Yes, I know where it is. It is a nice park, as you say. I live in the Hualapai Mountain Foothills. Blake Ranch Rd. Is about 8 to 10 miles from me, as the crow flies, or right across the desert. I get out there a lot with either my Rubicon or my Polaris RZR. I’m currently in Montana right up on the Canadian border with my GreyHawk and Rubicon. On the way up I was thrilled I had both A/C units because it was very hot. They did very well !!
Old 07-14-2018, 07:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Could depend on model? Does drivers side door on the other side at back also open to the side? Both of them do on ours and I think it’s standard now.

I like your tow vehicle! We are Jeepers too.

Thanks for the compliment on the tow vehicle. Yes, all 3 pass thru compartment doors open sideways.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Yes, I know where it is. It is a nice park, as you say. I live in the Hualapai Mountain Foothills. Blake Ranch Rd. Is about 8 to 10 miles from me, as the crow flies, or right across the desert. I get out there a lot with either my Rubicon or my Polaris RZR. I’m currently in Montana right up on the Canadian border with my GreyHawk and Rubicon. On the way up I was thrilled I had both A/C units because it was very hot. They did very well !!
Sounds like it will be cooler up that way. Enjoy!
Old 07-14-2018, 08:05 PM   #13

It definitely is. Right now it’s 8pm and is 80 out. Tomorrow we head for Spokane, WA for an overnight on our way to Pendleton for a couple of days. Then to Yakima for 3 nights, after which we will work our way home to Kingman. Those A/C units will get a workout on the way home after WA. Enjoy your GreyHawk and travel all you can!!
Old 07-14-2018, 08:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment on the tow vehicle. Yes, all 3 pass thru compartment doors open sideways.
All 3! Wow nice! And pass through too...my model only has 2 large rear storage compartment doors but no pass through. Our 29 MVP has a fair amount of outside storage and I have seemed to adjust.

The Jeeps are way fun to have on a vacation or just running around in. So many options. Can be a convertible, can go off road, fold the rear seats down and can be a hauler. Were spoiled and have towed several Jeeps over the years and I seriously doubt we will ever tow anything else.

Were heading to Creede Colorado in a few weeks and plan to do the Alpine Loop...can't wait!
Old 07-15-2018, 07:10 AM   #15

Quote:
All 3! Wow nice! And pass through too...my model only has 2 large rear storage compartment doors but no pass through. Our 29 MVP has a fair amount of outside storage and I have seemed to adjust.

The Jeeps are way fun to have on a vacation or just running around in. So many options. Can be a convertible, can go off road, fold the rear seats down and can be a hauler. Were spoiled and have towed several Jeeps over the years and I seriously doubt we will ever tow anything else.

Were heading to Creede Colorado in a few weeks and plan to do the Alpine Loop...can't wait!

I agree about the Jeep. This is our 2nd one. The first was a ‘95 and this one is a 2017. Great tow vehicles and nothing better in a vehicle for off roading. Enjoy your trip and be safe !!