Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2020, 09:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
What type of inverter comes in a 2018 Greyhawk. I know it is 1000watt. Wondering if it is Pure or Modified.

They put a Xantrex "PRO Series" 1000 in our 2016. Take a look at the inverter control panel and see if you can tell what make and model they used.

Mine's modified sine wave.
But Xantrex makes both kinds and Jayco could have "upgraded" for 2018.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:27 AM   #22

It seems like most inverters installed by the manufacturer are modified sine wave. Anything to save $100.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
My rig didn't come with an inverter, so I'm putting together the parts and pieces to put one in. Looking for opinions of Modified versus Pure for the inverter choice.

I know Pure is better for powering some sensitive items, with what I'm looking to power up, wondering if it matters. The items would be Flat screen TVs, coffee maker, laptop charger maybe cell phone charger. It wouldn't be the fridge or microwave. Maybe a future satellite system, don't have that yet...

We probably won't dry camp much, we usually go with hookups, so it won't get used that often.

The modified versions are less costly, not that it's a big factor. The modified versions are a bit smaller in size, that's a bigger issue based on the available space to locate it.

So, any thoughts?
I added a 1200 watt pure sine the actual difference is price between modified and pure if you shop around is not that much. Modified can cause problems with electronics and battery chargers for battery operated tools. I use it when I go down the road for my refrigerator. I have a battery bank of 2 agm 100ah batteries
mikehoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:03 PM   #24
Lost in the Woods

My biggest issue is size and hook up between the two types. I don't care about the price. I have limited options where to mount it, and then decide the wiring to the batteries, the converter, the transfer relay and the outlet to the kitchen counter.

Based on size and controls, I like the modified sine wave. I don't think it matters with the coffee maker. It's the SMART flat screens that might have an issue. I guess I should do a test, and see how they work on both inverters, before making a final decision.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote