Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #1

More newbie questions - inverter?

Good morning!

We're the second owners of a lightly used 2016 Greyhawk 31FK. We purchased it from a private party, so I'm on my own to figure things out. No PDI.

This is our second RV, so I'm a little bit familiar with the systems. A little bit.

Besides the Generator refusing to run, everything else seems to be OK.

But I have a question about being off shore power and the TVs. If we're unplugged (off shore power) and the generator is NOT running - what outlets are powered by the inverter?

Our TVs are powerless and I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong. I would have guessed that the inverter would power *something* off the 12V battery.

Do I have to do something at the Xantrex control panel? It's on.

What outlets on yours are powered off the inverter?

Thank you!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:13 AM   #2

The only outlet powered by the inverter in our greyhawk is the outlet at the TV in the living area. To turn the inverter on open the command center cabinet door and you'll see the inverter switch there.

Then if you are watching tv over the air antenna you'll need to press the button at the tv/cable hookup behind the velcroed panel beside the living area tv.

If you're driving the coach and the tv doesn't work you'll need to clip the purple (mine was red) wire leading to the above mentioned tv/cable hookup behind the velcroed panel beside the living area tv. There have been several threads posted on JOF about this modification. Or if you just search Grumpy's post he's wrote a book on this mod (haha).

Enjoy your greyhawk!!