Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Which line of Jayco Motorhome do you own?
Greyhawk 27 65.85%
Melbourne 6 14.63%
Seneca 5 12.20%
Embark 0 0%
Granite Ridge 2 4.88%
Relics and Dinosaurs 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
Site Team

Motorhome poll 2011

Which line of Jayco Motorhome do you own? Comments and replies about your rig welcome! If I missed any older lines that members own, let me know and I`ll add them to the poll.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #2

We got our Greyhawk in August. Had a few issues, due mainly having to rushing the PDI (restless grand daughter). Took it back to dealer in Aberdeen, MS in October and they made everything work like it is supposed to work.
Issues I had:
1. In motion satellite didn't work (cable was mis-routed at 3 way splitter)
2. Sound from tv didn't go though in-dash amp. (they had to connect properly by removing in-dash radio)
3. DVD player did not send signal to tv. (probably related to 2 above)
4. Automatic fan in bedroom had a broken fuse holder (replaced)
5. One lock on a storage bay didn't lock (replaced)
6. Genset didn't count hours (board was replaced - it's behind about 10 hours now)

All above was covered by warranty and took about 4 hours at dealer.

The thing didn't come with a spare tire (got a wheel and tire at my expense)

I got a slide topper installed also at my expense.

My next project is to install a Gen-turi exhaust for the genset so i can get in a little tailgateing.

We shopped and test drove used Class A's before deciding to get the Greyhawk.

Overall we are VERY HAPPY with the Greyhawk. Have made about 5 trips in it so far.
Jay Flight 26BH - traded for Greyhawk
Old 10-27-2011, 06:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
... If I missed any older lines that members own, let me know and I`ll add them to the poll.
Hey, you forgot Granite Ridge. Put me down for one of those. :hihi:
2006 Granite Ridge 2900GS
2015 Montana High Country 345RL
Old 10-27-2011, 06:20 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrcos@gmail.com View Post
Hey, you forgot Granite Ridge. Put me down for one of those. :hihi:
Done! But you have to do the voting!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #5

We have had our Seneca for only 2 months or so.
It worked well on our recent 7000 mile trip but really have not had it long enough to
comment on issues.
We are making some repairs due to it being 5 years old and though a few previous owners however.
After that will be time for us to enjoy it.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #6

We have had our Greyhawk almost a year. It is in the shop (3 weeks) now to replace the camera in the mirror. Have to replace the entire mirror. Ordered from Jayco and they said about 3/4 weeks. We have drycamped in it several times. Gen works great. We stopped by Onan for a little work and he asked if it had about 25 hrs on it. We said no. About 95. Only thing that we don't like is the bedroom. Wish we had found a slide out. It is miserable. Also, hard to get used to the Ford engine. Not a whole lot of power. Other than that, we are getting on down the road.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #7

We have had our Greyhawk since Oct 2010. Had a few minor issues - corrected by the dealer - A/C replaced - normal loose this or that - squeak in floor fixed. But we have had repeated issues with the gen set. Seems to quit while on the road and running the A/C. Had it into Onan twice - have to wait till spring to see if the last trip fixed it. I agree on the seeming lack of power out of the V10 my expectations were a bit higher than what i am getting (power and mpg). Have to admit though that we never go "empty". Usually we have full water and fuel .... oh and 98% of the time we are pulling either the boat or the Fusion. The bedroom is a bit cramped - if i recall the 31DS is a bit more roomier than our 31SS. All in all we are happy with the purchase - put roughly 6K miles on this year and planning at least that many next - and still work a full time job..
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 10-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #8

Have had the 2011 31SS since spring and we love it. It rides so much quieter and nicer than the older Class A we traded in. Bedroom is a little tight and bed is very high, but those are my only complaints. We have been out for about 12 long weekends. Lots of initial problems (AC was replaced, gaskets glued back on, door lock replaced, etc. etc. etc.). It was in the shop more than it was out when we first got it. Still having issues and it goes back in to the dealer next week and they can keep it until all is fixed. Now the gaskets around both the driver's and passengers windows in cab are coming off. The water valves for fresh water fill, pump usage, city water and the others are all wrong. It took a while to figure out, but we have to use different settings than what we are supposed to in order to get the water to work. Everything has been warranty work, but what a hassle.

A little disappointed in gas mileage. We are getting about the same as we did in the Class A and we don't tow anything and don't travel with full water tanks.

Even with all the issues, we still love it.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #9

Jayco Melbourne 29D

We have a 2012 Jayco Melbourne 29D. Have had for about 2 months. Made 1,900 mile trip to Golden, CO last week and had no problems with motorhome. Jayco needs to put a better (Heavier duty) steering control on the front. We had high winds and I had to really fight the steering. Front was all over the road!!
Have found no major problems with motorhome so far. Pull a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox and averaged 9mpg.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #10
Site Team

Keep the votes and comments coming, let`s show the other forums that there are lots of Class C owners on JOF, they have just been somewhat silent til now!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #11

Enjoying our Greyhawk 31FK!

Bought our 31FK in June 2011 from RVDirect.com. Picked up in Des Moines and put almost 4k miles on it since then. Just winterized it and putting it in winter storage. Only a couple minor issues...mostly items that should have been caught at the factory. Had to "fix" the main television so the kids could watch it while driving. Overall, very satisfied with our Jayco MH!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #12

We have had our Melbourne 29C for about a year. We have enjoyed it, although we had to address the suspension system as the ride was extremely rough. Like other manufacturers, Jayco has a habit of using "overload" or "helper" springs instead of actually adding another leaf or two to handle the weight load of the RV. The helper springs to nothing in terms of ride quality, but they do bang and make various other mysterious noises. We had them removed, added a couple leaf springs, and added the MOR/ryde system, which GREATLY improved the ride quality and handling of the unit. I would highly recommend the MOR/ryde suspension system.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #13

Thanks for the suggestion. We have a 29D and having the same isssues.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 AM   #14

Hope your 29D is doing great. We have the same issues with front end waving. Thought of getting Steer-Safe to help.
Finally got all our warranty work done. MH is in top shape. Can't wait until Jayco gets the bill!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #15

Bought a 2008 Melbourne 29D in late July. Had it out twice for camping and three times on short road trips. Dealer fixed minor problems such as sticky valve on grey tank and broken spring on the awning.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:49 PM   #16
Site Team

Welcome to the forum Milkman! Best of luck with your new Melbourne.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #17

Thanks! I have followed this forum for three months and found a lot of useful information. Everyone seems very knowledgeable and friendly. Looking forward to sharing our experiences with all of you.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #18

We purchased our 2011 31DS in February. The A/C had to be replaced, and we had acouple of really minor repairs. Put about 3600 miles on it this summer, lots of trips in Washington State and one long one to Montana.

We are really happy with it, don't miss our 25DB at all.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #19

How did your MH do in the mountains of WA and MT? We are headed that way next summer, but have not been in real mountains with ours. Do you pull a tow?
Old 11-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #20

Bought a 2004 31 foot Granit Ridge in July. Driven 3500 miles and averaged from 6 to 8 MPG that came out to a real 7 miles to gallon pulling a small jeep wrangler. Pulled steep grades in low gear and high RPM's, but the V 10 Ford handled all of this with no problems. I drive about 60 MPH and let everybody pass. This may seem slow but even at this speed 500 mile days are relataively easy. Everything works except the backup video camera. Moving up from a Casito travel trailer, we have "plenty" of room.
Closed Thread