Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2021, 02:18 PM   #1

Mouse Blocker Pro

Has anyone tried this product Mouse blocker Pro? I see it looks at the voltage to trigger on and off

off when voltage goes below 11.5 VDC
off when voltage is above 13.2 VDC

Do you guys think I should only connect to engine battery or coach batteries?

I do have solar on Coach but I bet the voltage is sitting at 13.6 for top off (float) sealed AGM batteries.

thanks Ted
Tgroves526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #2

I have read mostly poor reviews of all ultrasonic mouse blockers I have seen. Instead, get under and block with metal wire, copper or stainless scrubbing pads permanently held with foam or caulk. Then go inside and do the same with every hole you can block coming through the floor. Then block furnace, water heater, fridge and any other side opening with screens. Then go back in a few days and look for more. Add in cleaning out all food, cleaning all surfaces, etc. to avoid luring them in. We also put all our bedding, towels, TP, etc. in tubs to avoid nesting material.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:19 AM   #3

The Ultrasonic Mouse Blockers do work, but only for a short time. Eventually mice will get used to them. It's like using a fake owl to deter mice. It will work for a time, but eventually the mice will ignore it since it never moves.

At the end of the 2019, we had to remove our Destination TT from our seasonal site to my parents' yard (about 800 miles from our home). I was very concerned about mice, since I knew they had mice around their yard. I purchased a 5 inch x 30' roll of Cooper Mesh. I crawled under the TT and filled every spot that a mouse could get into with the copper mesh. We had planned to sell the TT in the spring of 2020, but then the Pandemic hit, so it sat another year.

When I finally got to the TT last month to clean it out and get it ready for sale, I had no idea what I was going to find. Thank goodness, I found no signs of a mouse anywhere inside, no odor, no droppings and no torn up upholstery, etc. While securing the battery box on the hitch, my 8 year old nephew asked me what the Propane Tank Cover was. I removed the cover to show him what was under it and guess what we found at the top of one of the tanks? A mouse's nest.

The Copper Mesh definitely worked. I think I paid $12 for it from Amazon. Mice do not like chewing through the metal. You can also use steel wool, but steel wool will rust. The Copper Mesh does not rust. One of our seasonal neighbors had completely covered the area under and immediately around his TT with pea gravel. I thought that was odd, but his reasoning made sense. He claimed mice do not like to crawl over gravel. I don't know if that is true or not, but he was happy with the results. We never had issues with mice at our seasonal site.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:27 PM   #4
TOS

I'm lucky and have a concrete pad to park on. I got some 12 in. aluminum flashing metal, put 180 degree bend on each end, connected the ends together and placed in a circle around all tires. Solved the mouse problem.
Sorry, site won't allow me to copy pic from my laptop.