Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2018, 03:42 AM   #1
MD3

Moving the toilet ?

I would like to rotate our toilet in our 1/2 bath (37RB) and wondering if this is possible before I remove it. I'm 6'1" and just not enough knee room as it sits. The online floorplans shows it more to the side and that would work great.

In the Pic the red line represents how it is oriented now and the blue is how I would like to rotate it.

Does anyone know if the toilet flanges are similar to a house flange where it can be spun a little bit or is the flange in a fixed position under the toilet ?

-
Attached Thumbnails
1_845_2007077_44373495.jpg  
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD3 View Post
I would like to rotate our toilet in our 1/2 bath (37RB) and wondering if this is possible before I remove it. I'm 6'1" and just not enough knee room as it sits. The online floorplans shows it more to the side and that would work great.

In the Pic the red line represents how it is oriented now and the blue is how I would like to rotate it.

Does anyone know if the toilet flanges are similar to a house flange where it can be spun a little bit or is the flange in a fixed position under the toilet ?

-
The flanges are similar to your home it will come down to if the T- bolt has enough of the T-slot to hold when you turn the toilet. I'm sure you will get some room to move it, but you should remove the toilet to make sure of the position of the flange because if you break the flange then you will need a repair kit or new flange and that job I'm sure you don't want to do.
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:46 AM   #3

I had the same issue in my Seneca, I replaced the toilet itself with a nicer unit with electric flush and rotated it to gain knee room. My toilets, both old and new, bolted to the floor with a type of lag bolt and not to the flange like a residential toilet. The RV toilets also use a foam gasket, not a wax seal like a home model does.

I used dowels and glue to "plug" the original holes in the floor and pre-drilled the new holes before bolting down the new one. I also purchased a new foam gasket from my local RV place, but the old one still looked great when I did the work.

I would also suggest a thorough black tank cleaning and rinsing before you start!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:48 AM   #4

I replaced my toilet a couple of years ago. I had lag bolts like someone else said directly into the wood below holding the flange to the floor. I almost rotated mine - by removing the lag bolts and moving one position. I think you could move it so long as there is wood for it to bolt down to. You may get lucky and the holes line up the position you need.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote