Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2023, 07:12 AM   #1

Question Murphy Bed

Newbie here. My husband and I bought a 2023 Entegra Odyssey 26M in Sept 2022. I absolutely LOVE the RV with one exception and need help to resolve my one issue. The Murphy bed is attached to the frame so that putting a fitted sheet on it is impossible. I’ve been wracking my brain for a solution and may end up just getting an XXL sleeping bag for 2. Easy on and off. If anybody has had this problem, HELP PLEASE!
ConnieO33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 09:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieO33 View Post
Newbie here. My husband and I bought a 2023 Entegra Odyssey 26M in Sept 2022. I absolutely LOVE the RV with one exception and need help to resolve my one issue. The Murphy bed is attached to the frame so that putting a fitted sheet on it is impossible. I’ve been wracking my brain for a solution and may end up just getting an XXL sleeping bag for 2. Easy on and off. If anybody has had this problem, HELP PLEASE!
Welcome from Northern California! We have a Hummingbird ( baby trailer ) with the ( queen size) Murphy bed. I asked my DW ( Dear Wife ) how she put the fitted sheets on and the first thing she said was “ it’s a pain in the butt “, that being said let me see if I can explain how she does it. Now DW is petite ( 4’10” and a little over 100 lbs). She pulls the mattress away from the wall ( front ) about a foot, then she gets between the front wall and the mattress and shoves It back enough to tuck the sheets in the front. She then tucks the sheets in on the sides about halfway. She get off the bed, shoves the mattress forward and tucking it on the sides ( she’s on a step stool) and the end. I not sure what “ attached to the frame “ is, but this is how DW does ours. I hope this helps! After writing this I understand what she meant by “ a pain in the butt “!
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 10:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy wife / happy life View Post
Welcome from Northern California! We have a Hummingbird ( baby trailer ) with the ( queen size) Murphy bed. I asked my DW ( Dear Wife ) how she put the fitted sheets on and the first thing she said was “ it’s a pain in the butt “, that being said let me see if I can explain how she does it. Now DW is petite ( 4’10” and a little over 100 lbs). She pulls the mattress away from the wall ( front ) about a foot, then she gets between the front wall and the mattress and shoves It back enough to tuck the sheets in the front. She then tucks the sheets in on the sides about halfway. She get off the bed, shoves the mattress forward and tucking it on the sides ( she’s on a step stool) and the end. I not sure what “ attached to the frame “ is, but this is how DW does ours. I hope this helps! After writing this I understand what she meant by “ a pain in the butt “!
Thank you! My problem isn’t top or sides. The bottom of the bed is attached to the frame in such a way that you can’t tuck anything in. I found a possible solution that I’m gonna try. That’s a thing called a sheet headband. It goes around the mattress like a rubber band, creating a way to tuck sheets in. We’ll see. Thank you for responding.
Old 03-15-2023, 10:50 AM   #4

Are you saying the "mattress" part of the Murphy setup is permanently attached to the base it rests on? Or, can you move the mattress part of the assembly around?
Retired @ PCB
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:06 AM   #5

Yes. There’s no space to tuck in all along the bottom of the bed and part way up each side. REALLY bad design. I love everything else about the RV tho. I’ll make this work one way or another.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:23 AM   #6

Drink lots of wine before you go to bed. You won't care if there's sheets on it or not and you won't toss and turn as much.
Retired @ PCB
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 12:06 PM   #7

Agreed!!!!!
Old 03-16-2023, 07:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieO33 View Post
Yes. There’s no space to tuck in all along the bottom of the bed and part way up each side.
That's just bizarre!
What were they thinking?
Old 03-16-2023, 08:57 AM   #9

Exactly! No idea!
Old 03-16-2023, 10:54 AM   #10

I have the same Motorhome and the same problem. I'm going to go the custom mattress route with a strap to hold the mattress.

For now we have just been tucking it in down the side as far as we can and hang it over the end.
MEILI is online now   Reply With Quote