Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #11

As I read another thread I realized that I forgot a crucial thing we have added:
Heatshield windshield and side window covers.

Here in FL these things are a necessity to keep temps manageable. There are also great privacy/blackout shades as well. Also the side window shades can be taped together and keep your fridge cool while the door is off for repairs and you are over 5 hours from any regular provisions....

2015 Ford Transit Connect (our TOAD on a DEMCO Dolly)
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:41 AM   #12

I've got the heatshields too; I'm ma big fan. I have them for my cars too.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:14 PM   #13

On order:
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
Old 04-04-2016, 06:25 AM   #14

I had much of the same experience with my 2015 Greyhawk (see thread Problem Child). I am curious, how long did it take for Jayco to approve the repairs. It seems like its been forever since they received the work order and I am still awaiting a reply which is frustrating considering its the season already. Unfortunately for me, I live in the North east so Ive been forced to retire my 31FS into winter storage until recently. Also, Ive found that there are very few repair facilities that actually take any pride in the repair process, having gone through two already that butchered the repairs. Are you getting your repairs locally or did you address them while on the road with a nearby facility? Thanks!
RangerRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #15

The dealership ,ade the sloth in Zootopia look fast as far as getting repairs done. Everything up to now has been done by the dealership where I bought it. Many things they have done very poor work on and misrepresented my description of the faults/problems and have written up questionable repair efforts (example - when stairs decided that they were not going to work consistently, dealer wrote that I said it was a motor issue, then in their repair write-up, they claimed it was a bad fuse in a wiring bundle). The final straw was when they ran out the slide, and it tore up the flooring. The dealership's mechanic only dealt with the internal symptom of the wood that was able to rip the flooring, and they didn't seem to notice how the slide was misaligned on the coach. Also I never cared for the, "We can get you an appointment in a month, then we have to wait for JAYCO to approve before we can order anything.". So now I have an appointment with an RV repair only shop, where my a[pointment is only a week away, and may barely take a week to get fixed if parts are needed. Yes, I will have to prepay for the repairs and deal with JAYCO myself, but that frustration will be way less. Besides, when JAYCO paid for my alignment, and I had to pay Ford, the approval took less than a day and the payout took less than two weeks, which makes me question why the dealership's seem to take so long. Makes me think there is a degree of collusion to burn off warranty time while sitting unused at the dealership. Getting everything fixed after our big trip took nearly two months and they still had to take it back because they didn't understand/care to fix a few of the issues properly.
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
Old 04-04-2016, 08:46 AM   #16

Wow, I thought I was the only one, figuring it was cause i live in BFE, but I guess not. We had similar issues, brought the coach to one dealer/repair facility that Jayco recommended and they butchered the repairs. Said nothing was wrong with a few of them including the misaligned slide and replaced one of the dvd players that was eating my kids movies with a different model that was 2'' smaller and used caulk to fill in the holes and didn't even clean it up to be presentable so it looks horrible. We were doing this walk through when the rain started coming in the misaligned s/o and caused the cabinet in the kitchen to warp in front of the service writer and he said "that happens sometimes, its nothing to worry about". I just stood there with my mouth open listening to the mouth breather for a bit deciding what to tell jayco as I brought it home. They had it a month and we had a two page list of legitimate write-ups and all that was fixed was the led light on the awning and , if you can call it that, the dvd player. I was contemplating using a lemon law, but I had to prepare for a deployment so it was sidelined. The dealership that we originally bought it from was just over two hours drive from the house and they wanted us to drive it to them, wait while they diagnosed the issues, drive it home, wait for parts, drive it back and drop it off, then come and pick it up after they repaired it. anything over 14 days of them having it, they would return it and have us make another appointment to come back to avoid lemon laws. Hand of God, its what the service writer told me... I am so disgusted by the lack of customer service I considered selling it outright and avoiding the RV life for good. The hard part is we thoroughly enjoy the family time with the kids and its entirely too much fun to give up, but I can say that Jayco and their affiliate dealers have very much left me with a bad taste in my mouth over this. Did you get an extended warranty? I didn't and I was thinking the same thing about them burning time.
RangerRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:12 PM   #17

I am barely 30 min away from no less than 4 different RV dealership's, and only one is a JAYCO dealer. Tampa RV is my JAYCO dealership, a branch/division/franchise of the RV One network. They really pressure you to buy their extended warranties, but I resisted. No way I was going to finance a 5yr service for the life of the RV note. Now I may look into one from Good Sam or Coachnet.

RangerRob, unless you paid a lot cash and negotiated a heck of a deal, you will likely find you are very upside down. I would try to find a reputable mobile RV repair outfit, and work it out with them and the JAYCO Warranty department.

The dealerships as a general rule are very hard to get an appointment with, whether youbought from them or not. And then there is the mixed bag of nuts in quality and speed of repairs at the dealership's, so I am now moving all my business to those, whose primary revenue stream comes from repeat repair customers, meaning RV repair shops. Fortunately here in FL, there is a market that can support RV repair shops. From what I have read, and experienced, there is no single manufacturer that doesn't also have quite a few issues with new units, unless you go with one of the more low volume direct to customer manufacturers.

Consider that nearly all RVs are made within a 50mile radius, meaning the labor and management pool may not have lot of diverse DNA, so as long as the demand is there, there is little incentive for the big changes we are expecting when basically signing a second mortgage. Essentially, I have accepted the things that I can't change with this and while not happy, I know ways to get better results than the normal path set forth by the industry.

DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL