Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2015, 07:02 PM   #1

Navigation Missing on JRV215N

Enjoying my new 2015 Greyhawk and wanted to update the map/software for the navigation. Downloaded the Naviextras software to my computer, pulled Micro SD from MH and updated the software/maps. Inserted the chip back into radio and no Navigation software. The icon is there, but that's it. Click the screen Icon from the menu... nothing. Press the NAV button on front of the unit... nothing.

So I removed the chip, restored a backup on my computer to original software/map version thinking this would fix the problem... it didn't. Next step was to do a factory reset via the screen menu... still nothing. Finally did a hard factory reset via the pin-hole on the front of the unit... still nothing.

I am out of options and think that the iGO software installed with the radio is somehow corrupt but cant find any info on how to reset or reinstall. I have an appointment to take the MH back to the dealer next month to fix some other stuff and this will be on the list unless I can get a fix first.

Any ideas?
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:38 AM   #2

The map software is completely on the SD card.
Did you backup the program in Naviextras or just make a copy/backup yourself onto your hard drive?

Does Naviextras still recognize your map card when you go back into it?

You can contact ASA, they make that unit, there should be info in the owners manual but here is the general number: 877-845-8750 for technical assistance.
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:12 PM   #3

Thanks Chrislorl. Contacted ASA and they are sending SD chip with current software/data as a courtesy. Still not sure what happened to original chip.
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:02 PM   #4

Mr Jack, As Chris stated, you MUST have the micro chip in your "E" drive before starting the download on your program. I would erase your download (program) from your computer. When you get the new micro chip and want to reinstall the Naviextras to your computer do it with the micro chip in E drive. The online program WILL/should take over and incorporate itself to the micro chip.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents

S/
Rick

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote