Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2015, 07:44 AM   #1

need an opinion re suspension

Having installed bilstien shocks and roadmaster rear sway bar when I get some extra cash shod should ito front sway or front stabilizer also torque specs on rear sway bar 2007 haycock Seneca 35gs
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #2

The 2007 35GS that I purchased came with all the suspension mods. Front and rear sway bars and front and rear track bars plus rear airbags. The steering effort was very light and it felt very nimble but it had a bad tendency to wander and could easily get into a "death sway". I read on another forum that the Ford class C's had a tendency to do the same things that I was complaining about. They suggested that the front end "caster" was the culprit. The suggestion was to shoot for 5 degrees of caster. I took my 35GS into a truck alignment shop and told them that I would like to attempt to get to 5 degrees of caster. They measured the caster and found that it was 2 degrees on left and right front wheels. They installed new shims and u bolts and were able to achieve 4 degrees on one side and 4.7 degrees on the other. This increased the steering effort when turning but I can finally completely relax my grip on the wheel and the MH runs straight down the road. The cost was around $500. It's the best modification I have done to the MH!

Gary
stuts35gs is offline   Reply With Quote