Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #1

New 2013 Redhawk Door issues and what are these speakers for?

We just got our red hawk friday; saturday our door locked automatically when shut. luckily our cab doors were open; today we couldn't get it to repeat that, however happened several times yesterday. Annoying! also, we have speakers and aren't sure how we would even hook them up as no component was included; that's fine but when we do put our component in where do we hook these up? any clue? it's 2013 red hawk. We have searched the manual for the door issue and honestly the speakers are a mystery to me. thanks!
mikelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelyne View Post
We just got our red hawk friday; saturday our door locked automatically when shut. luckily our cab doors were open; today we couldn't get it to repeat that, however happened several times yesterday. Annoying! also, we have speakers and aren't sure how we would even hook them up as no component was included; that's fine but when we do put our component in where do we hook these up? any clue? it's 2013 red hawk. We have searched the manual for the door issue and honestly the speakers are a mystery to me. thanks!
I have a 2014 Redhawk. If you're referring to the speakers in the main living area, mine run from the cab AM/FM radio. There is also a place near the radio to plug in a patch cord between the earphone jack on your MP3 player (iPod, iPad, iPhone, android, etc) which also plays through these speakers.
Tpratt83687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #3

Thanks Tom! Makes sense now! Loving it otherwise. We also don't have those rain spouts…. kinda weird.
mikelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #4

Hi,

We picked up our 2015 Redhawk last Saturday, and had the same issue. Couldn't get the coach door to open. We had to go in thru the cab. I used WD 40 on all of the locks, and it hasn't happened again. Our first purchase will be a keyless entry system!

Ed and Lynda Logan
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #5

Music question

Hi All,
I have a follow-up question to the overhead speakers. We just picked up a new 2013 Redhawk 31 XL on Saturday and are still learning about our Motorhome as well. When you want to listen to music while camping, do you have to insert the ignition key and turn to the accessory position to use the radio? I noticed that the radio plays after you remove the key, provided you don't open one of the cab doors. Just checking if this is the way most people are using their music systems.

Thanks,
Rich
Simchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:21 PM   #6

Radio should be on Coach side power and work regardless of ignition switch position.
You are correct is how to use it.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #7

We have a 2014 Redhawk 26. I was wondering that same question early on. Finally figured it out. I have thought about purchasing a ling (15') cable with male stereo ends on both ends, then sticking on end in my TV's ear phone jack and the other end in the mp3 port in the dash stereo system so that we could listen to the TV through those over head speakers. Seems to me that it would work just fine. I have played my ipod through that system, which worked great.
Stevefaync is offline   Reply With Quote