Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2017, 04:19 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
That is not the digital display unit the older Senecas had.
It sure is different, I hope being "new and improved" it is as user-friendly to program and use as the digital controller in my 2014!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:01 AM   #22

It appears to be simpler to set up. Just set some pod screws and you are done. On the flip side it it doesn't allow multiple quiet times( not sure if the Oman one does either) it is located in a cabinet which seems kind or odd and could make it difficult to see. It has an internal temperature sensor and will auto start if that temp is obtained while the onan appears to accept requests from the ac units to initiate start. The battery read out and status screen is located on the slide control and is easily checked.

Since this will be my first experience I can not say that is is better or worse just different at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #23

Auto gen start not working

I also have a 2018 Seneca 37TS, and currently working on a problem with the auto gen start not starting on temp setting. Have any other owners confirmed if the temp start in their coach actually works or if Jayco disabled that function? Specifically in the new Senecas. Reason i ask is because Magnum tech support told me that their standard control switch that attaches to the data cable has a temp sensor in it, but because Jayco is using their own switch panel, it's unknown if Jayco kept a temp sensor somewhere and they bounced me back to Jayco, who I can't get any info from. I am already aware of the control module in the bathroom for the settings and that's not the problem, and I actually am better versed in this particular issue than the dealer. Any owners confirm functionality and where the sensor might be? Pix are the Jayco panel exterior, and pointing to interior back side of gen switches. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
2018-03-05 17.26.30.jpg   2018-03-05 17.28.21.jpg  
Old 06-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwegeman View Post
I also have a 2018 Seneca 37TS, and currently working on a problem with the auto gen start not starting on temp setting. Have any other owners confirmed if the temp start in their coach actually works or if Jayco disabled that function? Specifically in the new Senecas. Reason i ask is because Magnum tech support told me that their standard control switch that attaches to the data cable has a temp sensor in it, but because Jayco is using their own switch panel, it's unknown if Jayco kept a temp sensor somewhere and they bounced me back to Jayco, who I can't get any info from. I am already aware of the control module in the bathroom for the settings and that's not the problem, and I actually am better versed in this particular issue than the dealer. Any owners confirm functionality and where the sensor might be? Pix are the Jayco panel exterior, and pointing to interior back side of gen switches. Thanks!

It is my impression that the temperature sensor is in the magnum controller, however I have not tested this. I know the unit works on low batteries but have not set the temperature set point so can not say.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:16 PM   #25

Mine uses the Magnum Dimensions ME-AGS-S controller and it is mounted in the cabinet above the toilet (37FS). According to their Owner's Manual, page 2, the temperature sensor is behind the remote switch faceplate. Their faceplate is not used by Jayco and it sounds like it may not be implemented. Unfortunately, this is the only system on my 37FS that I have not even touched. Maybe I will test it soon.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #26

My temp start still doesn't function. Only additional info I got was that Jayco says there is in fact supposed to be a temp start function, and that the temp sensor or thermistor is in the front coach panel. However, neither the Magnum tech nor I were able to identify anything that looks like one. As I mentioned before, I'm on the bleeding edge with this so any updates on this from any owners?
Attached Thumbnails
2018-07-30 11.51.44-1.jpg   2018-07-30 11.52.25.jpg   2018-07-30 11.52.35.jpg   2018-07-30 11.52.57.jpg   2018-07-30 11.54.07.jpg  

Old 07-30-2018, 01:27 PM   #27

Quote:
My temp start still doesn't function. Only additional info I got was that Jayco says there is in fact supposed to be a temp start function, and that the temp sensor or thermistor is in the front coach panel. However, neither the Magnum tech nor I were able to identify anything that looks like one. As I mentioned before, I'm on the bleeding edge with this so any updates on this from any owners?
I just tested mine by turning the pod down, the unit lit up and the generator started. After this I could not get it to stop as my seneca was at 80' and these only go to 85'. So I turned on the ac and now have the rig in the 70's the pod is set at 85, it is not turning on automatically so I then applied heat from a hair dryer and the unit started up. So I would surmise that the unit works just not very accurate as the pod is not very tight and would be nicer with a temperature readout similar to a thermostat.

If you look below the status lights there are three little slots, I am taking a SWAG here but these are either for an alarm or for a temperature sensor and i have never heard an alarm. I pulled the face off and there is a circuit board attached to the enable and reset switch. This is made in a foreign country with little or no markings. I would venture a guess that this circuit board is supplied from magnum energy and is just repackaged in Jaycos panel.

Sorry did not notice your photos of the card I was referring too. There look to be a couple some circuits that might thermistors.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:32 PM   #28

Quote:
I just tested mine by turning the pod down, the unit lit up and the generator started. After this I could not get it to stop as my seneca was at 80' and these only go to 85'. So I turned on the ac and now have the rig in the 70's the pod is set at 85, it is not turning on automatically so I then applied heat from a hair dryer and the unit started up. So I would surmise that the unit works just not very accurate as the pod is not very tight and would be nicer with a temperature readout similar to a thermostat.

If you look below the status lights there are three little slots, I am taking a SWAG here but these are either for an alarm or for a temperature sensor and i have never heard an alarm. I pulled the face off and there is a circuit board attached to the enable and reset switch. This is made in a foreign country with little or no markings. I would venture a guess that this circuit board is supplied from magnum energy and is just repackaged in Jaycos panel.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:13 PM   #29

Truma Comfort

Jayco should have included the Comfort and passed on the cost - the Comfort is worth every penny - you turn from eco to comfort and the water is heated ( maybe 20 seconds ) to 102 or near that temp and you have hot water 20+ seconds sooner than in eco mode ( great when dry camping ) actually it’s great all of the time Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post

Sorry did not notice your photos of the card I was referring too. There look to be a couple some circuits that might thermistors.
Thx for your reply. Two questions:
1. where did you apply heat?
2. when you refer to "circuit board", is that the same as what I have pictured?
Old 07-31-2018, 07:05 PM   #31

Quote:
Thx for your reply. Two questions:
1. where did you apply heat? I put the hair dryer toward the three slots on the generator start panel.
2. when you refer to "circuit board", is that the same as what I have pictured?
yes the one you pulled out. There appear to be some small circuits which might be the sensor.

First thing I did was turn all the other pods off then turned the temp pod to 85’. Turned on the coach to get it down in temperature. Turned on the auto start button. Let it sit for a few minutes and then blew hot air at the unit After a few seconds the unit started to prime and the generator started. I tried this again but this time just turned off the ac and a few minutes later the unit auto started. My controller is located in a cabinet near the door so it gets warm over there fairly quickly. When I get some more time I will set up some temperature sensors to see what the start temp really is. It did not seem to be in the 80’s but hard to tell.

Bottom line is it works but I would want to test a few more times to feel comfortable leaving my dog in the unit and relying on it in case the electric went out.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:16 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
I think the overdrive with has been gone for a couple of years
We have that switch on our 2016 but never use it (O/D is always active). That's probably the reason Jayco got rid of it (or the new touchpad Allison's don't need it).
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:44 AM   #33

Appreciate your testing, it confirms that the temp sensing function exists - just doesn't work on mine. The good news is that Wayne at Jayco customer service is working with me to figure out if the problem is with the circuit board or the Magnum control head in the bathroom cabinet. BTW, the circuit board behind the auto gen start switches pictured is made by KIB Electronics in Elkhart, IN. Note the part number contains "AGS". Think I'll call KIB today to get some info.
Attached Thumbnails
2018-03-05 17.26.30.jpg   2018-07-30 11.52.35.jpg  
Old 08-01-2018, 11:05 AM   #34

Quote:
Appreciate your testing, it confirms that the temp sensing function exists - just doesn't work on mine. The good news is that Wayne at Jayco customer service is working with me to figure out if the problem is with the circuit board or the Magnum control head in the bathroom cabinet. BTW, the circuit board behind the auto gen start switches pictured is made by KIB Electronics in Elkhart, IN. Note the part number contains "AGS". Think I'll call KIB today to get some info.
Confirmed with KIB Electronics that the circuit board has a thermistor right in the middle labeled "T1". They feel that that is the problem (likely shorted out) and not the Magnum control head, and will replace under warranty once I get the dealer to submit a claim.