Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2018, 08:01 AM   #1

New 2019 Greyhawk 29MVP

Has anyone purchased the new 2019 greyhawk 29MVP yet.? If so, how do you like it?
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #2

Jaytalk I haven’t seen any 2019 mvp’s on Rv traders yet. I have been watching myself just curious of any changes.

You have one on order right? When do you expect delivery? Hope to see pictures!

I know you have been reading all the forum post possible to get prepared. Don’t let anything you read bother you. Your going to be happy. We haven’t had any problems with our late 2018 build mvp.

Your worries will soon fade away once you start enjoying you new RV. Traveling is so much fun and doing it in a Jayco class C 29mvp is extra special.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:35 PM   #3

Hey cabinetmaker!

Thanks for all your positive comments.

I'm supposed to hear something around the end of this month. I can hardly wait. I'll send you some pictures when I get them, if I can figure out how to upload them onto this forum. LOL.

I have seen some of the 2019 pictures at some dealer sites. There appear to be minimal changes. One of the changes that I like is in the cabinets underneath the sink. They're only two doors instead of three which seems to create much more space underneath the sink.

Okay talk to you later.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:49 PM   #4

I don't think you will get the keyless entry. Some love it others not so much. I really like having it. We had it before on another Jayco and learned how to operate without much trouble. Like anything else you have to learn the tricks.

Also noticed all the exterior compartment doors swing down now. That you will really like. Wish mine did but I have catches to hold them up. Mine came with catches but others have said they didn't get them. I have full body paint maybe that is why? I know we also got factory slide awning covers which seems to be only available with full body paint.

I'll keep you posted on anything else I find out. Most changes are always good ones so I wouldn't worry too much. I know waiting has to be tough! We almost ordered ours but they made us such a great deal on the 2018 we decided to go that route. Glad we did as it has been flawless and we love everything about it.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #5

I did some checking and did find this 2019 mvp on Rv trader.

Things I noticed are yes the keyless entry is gone off the entrance door. They are not using concealed hinges on cabinets and went back to regular face mounting...not sure why as our concealed hinges are really nice. Also the cabinet doors are different now. They have gone back to previous style like the other Greyhawks. Ours were different.

They have changed they radio and gps. Not sure of brand but it is different from the Garmin we have.

That third door under kitchen sink you mentioned is for a trash can. It pulls out. We really like that feature.

This one doesn’t have full body paint and still looks like that is only way to get slide toppers. None on this one.

Anyway, they have several pictures up so go to Rv trader and take a look!
Attached Thumbnails
62563A07-1900-4E09-9A23-01F5FA6F2683.jpg  
Old 05-17-2018, 05:05 PM   #6

Found another one! This one is a 29MVP so should help answer some of your questions. It has 49 pictures.

I looked and another thing they have changed is my large rear storage on passenger side has a flip up wire rack center shelf...looks like that is now gone for 2019.

Anyway have fun looking. I know your getting excited to see yours!
Attached Thumbnails
2FE3F972-D0F7-4731-8476-0E21C939D1DF.jpg  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:51 AM   #7

Thanks cabinetmaker!

It looks like the units are finally starting to get out to the dealers. I'll be glad when someone posts a walkthrough video so I can see more than just pictures. By the way, have you thought about switching out your current microwave for a convection microwave oven?

Thanks again for sharing!
Old 05-18-2018, 11:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytalk View Post
Thanks cabinetmaker!

It looks like the units are finally starting to get out to the dealers. I'll be glad when someone posts a walkthrough video so I can see more than just pictures. By the way, have you thought about switching out your current microwave for a convection microwave oven?

Thanks again for sharing!
Yes we have considered a convection microwave. We had them in past rv’s And we have one in our home. We like cooking with convection. So far we have just been using the propane oven and it works fine. I do a lot of our cooking outside on my Weber.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Yes we have considered a convection microwave. We had them in past rv’s And we have one in our home. We like cooking with convection. So far we have just been using the propane oven and it works fine. I do a lot of our cooking outside on my Weber.
Thanks for the reply.

Is the weber a propane appliance or an old fashioned charcoal cooker? And, where are the electrical outlets on the outside of the rig?
Old 05-19-2018, 09:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Is the weber a propane appliance or an old fashioned charcoal cooker? And, where are the electrical outlets on the outside of the rig?
The Weber is a portable RV size grill. It uses propane. You have the option to hook into your motor home propane via the connection provided or use the small portable 1lb bottles. Works great!

The electric outside there is one on passenger side inside the second compartment if I remember correctly. It’s above the opening so you have to look up to see it inside the storage compartment. The other one is on the drivers side inside the compartment where the electric cord hookups are located.
Attached Thumbnails
240D0618-3CC1-468E-86D3-785F267BD2E1.jpg  
Old 05-19-2018, 12:35 PM   #11

Ok, got it. Thanks Cabnetmaker. BTW, how often do you need to refill your propane tank?
Old 05-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #12

It looks like the large window above the cab is gone as well. We really like our window.
Michigan-Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan-Traveler View Post
It looks like the large window above the cab is gone as well. We really like our window.
No...large window is still there. If you go to the interior pictures of the 2019 MVP's it shows it.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Ok, got it. Thanks Cabnetmaker. BTW, how often do you need to refill your propane tank?
It’s a 50lb tank so depends. 1 gallan of propane = 4.2lbs...so we have approximately 12 gallons but you can only fill to 80% so who knows exactly how much when full. I can tell you we ran the furnace at night and early morning for a week and used the frig on propane while traveling. We cooked some and I think we used less than a quarter tank.

It will last a good while if your not running the furnace hard all day and night.

Most RV parks can fill you if needed. I’ve even camped where mobile guys would come by and fill if needed.

Tank is stationary so it has to be filled on the motor home. That's actually a plus to me because those tanks get heavy!
Old 05-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #15

Thanks Cabinetmaker for the correction. It was one of the selling points for us.
Michigan-Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote