Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2016, 02:51 PM   #1

New Class C Owner with questions

I would like to purchase a TPMS for my 2017 Greyhawk 29MV and would like to hear what brand you guys are using and any comments good or bad on your system. I use to run the Pressure Pro on a couple of 5th wheels I had and had no problems with that system. But just want to know which system others were using and how they like them.

Also what tire pressures do I need to run on a rig like this? I have never pulled it out of the garage as of now so have not weighed it. I realize I will probably need to do some adjusting once I have pretty definite weights but what should I start out with? I will be traveling alone and I can assure you I will be lightly loaded.

I know these question have been answered many times on here but can't seem to find them when I need them. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
Titleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:31 PM   #2

I like my EEZ TPMS. Works great so far and seems to have good reviews. We also looked at the TireMinder but didnt like the big antenna sticking up.
AaronM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:05 PM   #3

load it up like you were going on a trip. Pullet onto a truck scale and get the weight for the front and rear tires. Go to the tire makers web sight and get a chart showing what pressures to use for the weight.
MadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:28 AM   #4

Make sure you get the front end aligned, (Jayco will reimburse you). Tighten Helwig sping helpers to at least 2 & 1/2". You can get all info on here.

As far as tire pressure. I am running mine at 65lbs front and 70lbs rear. Helps with the harsh ride. 12 ply tires can take a lot of pressure. But at 75-80lbs, they are like rocks.
Midwest Jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:58 AM   #5

I have the tire minder A1A and love it. Can't beat the piece of mind of a TPMS no matter what system you get. I run 75FR/80RR cold. Enjoy!
Old 07-22-2016, 12:04 PM   #6

X 2 on TireMinder system, product works well and their customer service is excellent. I have had their system on two different motorhomes now.

When we bought our current Seneca I did install the signal booster as recommended. But I started having "dropouts" where it would lose a tire for a time. Frequently a rear tire on the toad, obviously the furthest from the display. Disconcerting obviously until it would re-aquire the signal in a few minutes. Our toad is way back there when hooked up!

Called Minder, a very nice individual took their time listening to my issue, asked a number of questions, explained about the proliferation of devices using similar frequencies, and eventually determined a second booster mid-coach would help. They shipped one free of charge, and I have had no issues since I installed it. I am very happy how the process turned out.

I won't ever be without it traveling!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:59 PM   #7

My vote is TireMinder. Agree with Bobby, their customer service is excellent. I also like that the monitor is cleaner and does not require being connected to power full time. Charge it up and mine is good for weeks before needing another charge.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote