Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #1

New Class C RV Ordered

I have ordered a 2022 Jayco Melbourne. Anybody have an idea how long that’s going to take? Dealer says 6 months or more. Really not sure!
Walker0301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 02:41 PM   #2

Hard to say. I waited about half a year and got my Melbourne finally around Memorial Day this year. Pandemic played hell with the suppliers but I was glad I ordered when I did. Just got back from our first month-long trip. There is a normal shutdown for the winter which I think is most of December and January. Find out where you are on the manufacturing schedule. It is worth the wait.
bluztoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:46 PM   #3

Ordered our Greyhawk 29 MVP March 3, 2020. Just received notice that it is expected to roll off line November 30. Dealer says he’s got two that are already two weeks late. He told us not expect it till early January. [emoji853]

Good luck with your Melbourne.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:59 PM   #4

Just because it comes off the line, doesn’t mean that it’s actually finished and ready to be delivered. Many who ordered were stuck waiting for their unit as a sat on a lot awaiting parts to actually call the unit ready to be sold.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker0301 View Post
I have ordered a 2022 Jayco Melbourne. Anybody have an idea how long that’s going to take? Dealer says 6 months or more. Really not sure!

I don't mean this to sound mean, I really don't! But I'm intently curious why someone would buy something with no real expectation of getting it?

You don't owe me an explanation. But I'm so doggone curious if you're willing to share.

Regardless, welcome to the RV family!
I do hope it arrives much sooner than the dealer said.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:44 PM   #6

We just got our 2021 Melbourne in June and we waited 3 months.
BClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 03:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
I don't mean this to sound mean, I really don't! But I'm intently curious why someone would buy something with no real expectation of getting it?

You don't owe me an explanation. But I'm so doggone curious if you're willing to share.

Regardless, welcome to the RV family!
I do hope it arrives much sooner than the dealer said.
"Getting it" isn't the question, it's "when". Nobody more than Jayco (and the others builders) would like a working timetable from production to delivery. The supply side is so messed up the builders don't know what will actually be delivered to the factory compared to what they ordered.

Also, if you don't oder with those conditions, you probably won't get one. I have a friend that won't by something that he can't see first; it has to be on the lot. Most likely he won't get one, or the one he wants.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #8

Good to know. I ordered mine (29MVP) Feb 26 and was only told Nov/Dec by the factory. Long wait, originally was told it would be here in PHX in June.
dkvassay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkvassay View Post
Good to know. I ordered mine (29MVP) Feb 26 and was only told Nov/Dec by the factory. Long wait, originally was told it would be here in PHX in June.
Ordered a 25R (Odyssey) in April. Was told in August an off-line date of Sept 15, but there was no VIN number until 2 weeks ago. Still waiting.
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:28 AM   #10

Unless you just have to have a BRAND NEW R/V your best option is to buy a 1-2 year old low mileage one. Let the original owner get all of the warranty bugs and repairs done on the unit. Plus you can still save a good amount of $$ Dollars and still be under warranty on the R/V. Let the original owner take the depreciation hit. But this is just my opinion…..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Let the original owner take the depreciation hit.
I guess you haven't been looking at the market for late model RVs.

Depreciation rules are broken right now.

Buyers of RVs prior to Fall 2020 typically got 25-30% off MSRP. Since the beginning of this year, sellers of one to three year old RVs are asking for more than what they paid for them. If you order a new one, many dealers will still offer discounts and you get what you want.

Plus the 1-3 year old range is right in the middle of the switchover to the new E450 chassis, and the very few used units with the new chassis available are subject to the negative-depreciation (aka unheard of appreciation) described above.
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
still be under warranty on the R/V. Let the original owner take the depreciation hit. But this is just my opinion…..

Jayco warranties are for the original owner only. They do not transfer.
Old 10-22-2021, 11:54 PM   #13

I purchased a Jayco Melbourne RP 4/21. I got 40k off MSRP new. No extra warranties added. I was on Jayco to fix all of the flaws. Took like 3 months and they finally stepped up. I like it and my first RV and not an investment. I treat it as it were though.
USMC0311 is offline   Reply With Quote