Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #1

New Guy lookin for guidence

Hi one and all first post of course. Would like any information on the Jayco Seneca 37ST (2013 or 2014 years) or simular floor plan. Getting readly early next year to leave the work force better know as HELL with that said look at the Seneca to start a long road trip. Would like info. on best price what dealer to contact any know problems folks are having. I think that should get me started Thanks guys and gals for any help.
Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #2

Hi Jessie, welcome to JOF. I don't have any info on the Seneca, but wanted to say HI!

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #3

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the pending retirement! There will most certainly be some members here that can help you with your questions, but, alas, I am not one of them.

Happy Camping and again, welcome.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #4

Best wishes as you turn the page Jessie....I don't full-time or have a MH....but this I do know - JOF goes where you go and there is "good community" here.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #6

Welcome to the JOF. Many great tips here.
fidalgo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #7

Welcome! Sorry, I can't be of any help with the Seneca either.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #8

Thanks, everyone for the reply's. I'm in no rush to throw down the $$$$$ going to take my time and try to find the best price possible and hopefully finding a dealer that will work with me.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:34 AM   #9
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Moved to the MH forum for more exposure.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:38 AM   #10

I own a Greyhawk and had an opportunity to look at a Seneca this past weekend at the Houston RV show. I really liked the "bigger everything". Many things were similiar to the layout in my Greyhawk, but better. What I liked the most was the chasis. The International looks like it will drive nice, tow nice and last.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #11

Welcome! Like TxArvee We own a Greyhawk. I like many features of the Seneca as well. We would have seriously considered this model had it been available when we purchased. Everything about it says "More Power" to quote one of my favorite tv characters, Tim the Tool Man. One thing that would have made me pull in the reins is the difference in $$$$.

Hope to see you around the campfire!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #12

Hi Jesse. Do you mean TS? { triple slide } I picked up my 2014 Seneca 37 TS last fall. I've had six other class c and one diesel pusher and I like this one the best. Mine has the rear air suspension also. Had to get used to the dash with the power window buttons up there instead of the door, but like anything else new you will get use to it. I live in Michigan around Detroit. I bought mine from National RV in Bellville, Mi. I've had a few problems with it but nothing serious. Click image for larger version

Name:	berner dd test 2013 005.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	11475
ci4mynewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #13

Hi Jesse, where are you located or how far are you willing to travel? I made a purchase in NJ on a 37fs.
RogerSwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:26 PM   #14

Try Colerain RV they have sold and shipped all across the country. I've been dealing with them since 1977, still family owned. We are also thinking about moving up to the 37TS as the 08 35GS (3 slides) has us spoiled.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ci4mynewf View Post
Hi Jesse. Do you mean TS? { triple slide } I picked up my 2014 Seneca 37 TS last fall. I've had six other class c and one diesel pusher and I like this one the best. Mine has the rear air suspension also. Had to get used to the dash with the power window buttons up there instead of the door, but like anything else new you will get use to it. I live in Michigan around Detroit. I bought mine from National RV in Bellville, Mi. I've had a few problems with it but nothing serious. Attachment 11475
Yes, TS that reverse thing in my head working again.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSwann View Post
Hi Jesse, where are you located or how far are you willing to travel? I made a purchase in NJ on a 37fs.

I'm near Charlotte NC. I'm thinking if I could save around 4-5k after travel expenses. I would be ready for a road trip.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #17

Call Mike Babcock at Link RV in Minong, WI. Tell him Mike Peterson referred you. Tell him your looking for the best price in the country.
rotjovi2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #18

hi jessie just traded off my 08 seneca for a 2013 jayco seneca ts love it we put 4000 miles on it the month of september, took it the west coast and back, comfortable,plenty of power, easy to drive, the wife loves it, very happy with mileage, 9 to 11 mpg, depending on the wind, pulling a jeep wrangler, we bought ours from camping world in longmont colorado, they treated us very good, i liked doing business with them i am also about ready to retire in 240 days, headed south plan on spending a lot of time in my mh
rocko55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:15 PM   #19

Hi, Jesse, and welcome to the JOF! Spend some time here and you'll learn a lot of stuff, some of it useful!

I thought I'd share our MH experience. We started out with our first RV in 1991 or so, a 1976 27' Airstream. It was great while our kids were young, we hauled it all over TX and made 4-5 summer trips to CO. One of the things we liked about it was being able to go boondocking, especially on NFS trails in CO. (Our TV was a 4x4 Suburban.) We wound up selling the Airstream in the early 2000s when the kids were older and not so inclined to use the trailer.

I'd always thought I wanted a MH, and in 2007 had a chance to buy a 31' Itasca Sunrise at a reasonable price from a distant relative. We made a few trips in it, and what I found was that I did NOT like driving such a big vehicle on small TX roads. It was fine on major highways, but our travels have always had us on Farm-to-market roads/ranch-roads, always two lanes and no shoulder. This RV required a LOT of attention on those roads and I always felt stressed at day's end. Plus, we did not want to tow a vehicle, so we were kind of stuck once we were at a destination. In addition, we weren't in the situation to use it a lot, and any MH needs regular use or stuff happens. ... translate that into extra expenses to keep it running. In the end, we sold it in 2011 and started looking at bumper pull trailers in 2012. Bought our current trailer in 2013, and have happily hauled it over 8K miles since then, on big roads and small unpaved roads. No problem with either, and I'm a lot happier hauling it than driving the MH. (Maybe it's because I grew up on a ranch and have been driving a pickup hauling a trailer all my adult life. ..!)

I mention all this to you since I know nothing about your RV background, but wish you to evaluate your ambitions honestly. IF you're in doubt, it would likely be best to rent a MH to use for a week or more so you can figure out how it works for you. Buying one is a big financial commitment, and one that many MH owners find totally satisfactory. But, there are a few, like us, that found out after making that commitment that it wasn't quite everything we'd anticipated. As always, YMMV!

Please keep us posted on what you wind up doing! And may you find yourself with a tailwind at least 60% of the time!

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab, long box, Duramax and 3.73, SRW
Equal-i-zer 1k WDH, 2013 White Hawk 27DSRL

Los Madrones, a little slice of Texas hill country heaven
www.losmadrones.com
mikmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote