Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2017, 04:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaBBQ View Post
We have had great success with this:

https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Wire.../dp/B016ZWS9ZE

We plug a samsung USB SSD drive into the RAVpower File Hub. It took some time, but I copied all of our dvd's onto the USB drive. Both of our kids have iPads, but they are older 16gb models that won't hold more than a couple movies. With the RAVPower File Hub, we are only limited by the amount of memory of the USB drive (512gb). The RAVPower will stream wireless to multiple devices at the same time, so the kids can watch different movies at the same time. I don't know how it works, but it doesn't require WiFi do that it - it creates it's own wireless signal within the space of the vehicle. It will stream content to a TV also, but that requires a Google Chromecast. I haven't had occasion to try that yet. Honestly, for our purposes it's been an amazing device for the $40 asking price - we even use it in the car sometimes. Much cheaper than upgrading to iPads with more storage.
Will the FileHub work with a USB drive rather than a stick? We've been either using an old WDTVLive box or streaming from a notebook thru a Chromecast.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
Will the FileHub work with a USB drive rather than a stick? We've been either using an old WDTVLive box or streaming from a notebook thru a Chromecast.
This is like the usb drive we have been using:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe it will work with any USB connected storage device. I've never tried it with a stick.

I purchased a Google Chromecast for $20 the other day to try streaming to the big TV. It may work with other streaming devices, but the Chromecast is specifically called out by RAVPower.
MontanaBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaBBQ View Post
This is like the usb drive we have been using:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe it will work with any USB connected storage device. I've never tried it with a stick.

I purchased a Google Chromecast for $20 the other day to try streaming to the big TV. It may work with other streaming devices, but the Chromecast is specifically called out by RAVPower.
My FileHub arrived so I'll be figuring out how to use it with a USB drive & Chromecast for watching movies in the RV.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:17 PM   #24

Ok knocking more stuff off my list:

I ordered a pair of Roku Express for each TV's so that's easy when on WIFI. That combined with the knock off Disney DVD's is going to cover me from a kid perspective.

Ladder - Ordered the 60" ladder for the kids and still working with a net company to make me a custom net

Shocks - I ended up with the Koni FSD shocks
Trackbar - I went with a supersteet OX trackbar
FiveStar tuning - Got the Tune / Towing setup on the SCTx4

the shocks / trackbar and tune all get installed tomorrow and then I'll send it to the alignment shop.

I'm most excited about the trackbar I use them on race cars for the track and it helps dramatically with lateral movement which should cut down on tail wagging and the dreaded semi passing wind movement.
Try2paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try2paz View Post
Ok knocking more stuff off my list:

I ordered a pair of Roku Express for each TV's so that's easy when on WIFI. That combined with the knock off Disney DVD's is going to cover me from a kid perspective.

Ladder - Ordered the 60" ladder for the kids and still working with a net company to make me a custom net

Shocks - I ended up with the Koni FSD shocks
Trackbar - I went with a supersteet OX trackbar
FiveStar tuning - Got the Tune / Towing setup on the SCTx4

the shocks / trackbar and tune all get installed tomorrow and then I'll send it to the alignment shop.

I'm most excited about the trackbar I use them on race cars for the track and it helps dramatically with lateral movement which should cut down on tail wagging and the dreaded semi passing wind movement.

You will be very glad you got the trackbar. We have the track bar and upgraded sway bars and while I'd recommend the whole package, the trackbar is probably the single biggest improvement.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #26

The motorhome we got has the factory F / R swaybars. I ultimately want to see how things improve with the shocks / trackbar and if I still feel I need more I'll go bigger on the swaybars.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #27

Quote:
The motorhome we got has the factory F / R swaybars. I ultimately want to see how things improve with the shocks / trackbar and if I still feel I need more I'll go bigger on the swaybars.
Ours came with F/R swaybars as well but the larger ones are a big improvement.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #28

Update time:

The Koni FSD Shocks are on, SuperSteer track bar installed. I dont have enough miles on it yet to give final review. I also need to get an alignment as I still have some steering wheel play that's driving me nuts.

I also installed the five star tune.. with the limited driving I put on I can already tell the shifting and cruising is a nice improvement. The shifting is more positive and not as lazy as before.

I installed the Roku's express today, the front was super easy but wasn't able to unhook the back TV from the wall? I ran out of time or I was just going to unbolt the entire mounting bracket. Is there a quick release to get the TV off?
Old 12-09-2017, 04:45 PM   #29

The alignment is fairly easy to check and set provided the chassis is only springed, no struts. It should typically be set at .25" toe-in on a rear wheel drive truck chassis.
It's not recommended to be set other than what the chassis manufacture specifies, or new tires may be in order sooner than expected.
Some shops will try and set it up to .25-.50" toe-out if the driver complains of "handles like a wheelbarrow". A front trac bar will fix that.

Compensating for worn front ends parts with aftermarket add-ons is always a bad idea.
But many owners (us included) recommend the Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer to eliminate some of the "sawing" of the wheel. But its primary purpose is for safety in case of a front tire blowout.
Another tip is to focus farther down the road to cut down on the back and forth of wheel.

The Koni shocks are a great choice!
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:30 AM   #30

Ok guys.. next Mod =)

hauling a bunch of wood to campsites isn't realistic.. I can maybe jam a box and a half of wood in the locker. Both my brother in law and father in law have converted over to Gas fire pits at the campsite. They surprisingly put off a great amount of heat and no smell / hassle.

How can I pull from the house GAS tank? I see it only has a fill I'm assuming it's one way with a check valve?

they are all running the gas fire pits off a standard five gallon tank?
Old 12-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #31

Quote:
Ok guys.. next Mod =)

How can I pull from the house GAS tank? I see it only has a fill I'm assuming it's one way with a check valve?

they are all running the gas fire pits off a standard five gallon tank?
The Five Gallon tank is the easiest, but to do so without it, you should check to see if your Redhawk already has a Low Pressure Quick Connect valve. If it does, you're not home-free but that's one path.

Assuming it's not there, you look into something called an "Extend-a-Stay". There are two or three brands. It's a 3 or 4 way valve that goes between the coach tank and the existing regulator. It allows you to "tee" off a HIGH PRESSURE connection to a grill or fire pit.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:52 AM   #32

Hi guys well..easy come easy go.

We just purchased a new F250 Turbo Diesel and are moving over to a 5th wheel so the RV has to go. I just posted it on CL.

Let me know if you have any questions its in perfect shape.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/rvs...462521548.html
Old 01-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #33

Quick comment on your posting. Unless something's changed - the two year warranty is not-transferrable.

I think that's a good price!
Good luck on a fast sale
Old 02-19-2018, 06:42 PM   #34

We are thinking about getting a 2018 Entegra Odyssey 31L. With two growing boys and travel sports, we like the idea of moving to a Class c and towing a vehicle to drive around in during our vacations and long weekend tournaments. We had major issues with schwintek slides and slide outs getting stuck out on a previous travel trailer. Looking at other Cs, we really liked the features in the Odyssey and the current discounted price as they seem to be trying to get into the market. My question is seeing you bought it be in 11/17 and sold it in 1/18, did you run into issues or features/lack of features that you couldn’t live with? Before we go down that route, we are researching as much as possible and this one made me wonder. Thanks for all of the information. If we go this route, we will definitely do a lot of these updates!
Mwcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #35

MWCamper,

I thought the same thing about the Entegra line. It was basically a Redhawk / Greyhawk hybrid. It had the full fiberglass roof, AC / way nicer interior in my opinion. We ended up selling it to my mom actually in the end. We had a buyer on the way to pick it up and my mom stepped in wanting it. So in the end it's still in the family.

The only reason we got rid of it was flexibility at the campsite we cant exactly call an Uber for a 1/3 year old. Also we have a new f250 Diesel sitting in our drive way so it made sense to take advantage of that truck.

I cleaned out the RV yesterday and still think it's one of the best on the market.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:15 PM   #36

Quote:
MWCamper,

I thought the same thing about the Entegra line. It was basically a Redhawk / Greyhawk hybrid. It had the full fiberglass roof, AC / way nicer interior in my opinion. We ended up selling it to my mom actually in the end. We had a buyer on the way to pick it up and my mom stepped in wanting it. So in the end it's still in the family.

The only reason we got rid of it was flexibility at the campsite we cant exactly call an Uber for a 1/3 year old. Also we have a new f250 Diesel sitting in our drive way so it made sense to take advantage of that truck.

I cleaned out the RV yesterday and still think it's one of the best on the market.
Thank you! Funny. We have a 2500 Chevy diesel shortbed and fifth wheel now that we will sell/trade in but we also have a 4 door jeep that we plan to tow behind the class c. I’m glad to hear that the Entegra stayed in the family! Did yours come with a ladder to get to the bunk over the cab? Thanks again!
Mwcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #37

Yeah no bunk ladder! I ordered one from Amazon.. lame